Can’t download AOE any version

Discus and support Can’t download AOE any version in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can’t download age of empires. Xbox support has tried and can’t do it. Age of Empires the creators say it’s Microsoft issue. Can we stop passing the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UIDAM, Nov 6, 2022.

1. UIDAM
    UIDAM Guest

Can’t download age of empires. Xbox support has tried and can’t do it. Age of Empires the creators say it’s Microsoft issue. Can we stop passing the buck and actually solve the problem. It’s a disgrace!!!

:)

UIDAM, Nov 6, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello again, tell if you try something this procedures below.

DEFRAG

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/def...
    DO NOT defrag if your main drive is SSD. Not only is defragging an SSD completely pointless, you can seriously damage its lifespan. SSD's have no moving parts and do not slow down due to fragmentation!
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Uidam, have you contacted AEO and Microsoft support, what exactly procedures have you tried, what have you recommended for your console?

When trying to download does an error message appear?

If you can give more details, I'll be waiting for your reply.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

While those are all good tips for fixing this issue, they're not an exhaustive list. All PC configurations are different and not all installations of Windows are the same either. Plus, many laptop manufacturers have their own software and security programs that can interfere with game installs from the Xbox App or the Windows Store.

Some third party security software applications can cause havoc with the Xbox App, the reason is because they often try to read the installation folder, but unlike systems such as Steam, or EA's Origin, the Xbox folders are encrypted. One of these applications may be running and preventing the download.

Have you tried downloading other games on your laptop other than the AOE games? I take it you're tried resetting both the Xbox App and the Windows Store as well?

I would recommend trying a clean boot of Windows. This should prevent some third party applications from loading into Windows from Startup. This seems like a good video guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m0nGVk6JkM

Once you've clean booted, try the download again.

To be clear, none of us here are paid employee's. I'm looking at this through my own free time. We can't guarantee that we can fix this for you. You may need to take your machine to a technician for them to take a look or if you're unsure or concerned with changing Windows settings.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Computer is a Microsoft 16 ghz RAM and 1 TB laptop. It’s Windows 11 and I don’t have any error messages
    That doesn't really tell us much. That could be any laptop. Not all PC's are the same. We need to know either your exact specifications or, being a laptop its exact make and model. There is no way to determine what this issue is with just this. It's just far too limited.
  6. UIDAM Win User

Firstly thanks for taking the time. Wouldn’t be nice if Microsoft and the people that develop these things actually provide the right service.

In terms of your comments above. I have reset both Xbox app and Microsoft store app Including uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also reset windows fully twice.

Can try again and let you know but not sure that will work. Thanks
Thema:

1. Can’t download AOE any version - Similar Threads - Can’t download AOE

2. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  3. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  4. I can’t download games on my external storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t download games on my external storage: Whenever I have my external hard drive connected to my Xbox I can’t play games that are on the hard drive and I can’t even install other games like call of duty. Overwatch. Fortnite. And other big...
  5. Can’t download Xbox 360 Profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t download Xbox 360 Profile: Is there any update? I know now it’s the servers and not our Xbox, but is there any update or eta when connection should be established again, I’m just really trying to use my account, this is...
  6. Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...: Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any of them I also can’t connect to online servers what do I do? d22da464-873c-48b5-8ff5-c4f1d84c6def
  7. What’s going on with Xbox 360 as I can’t download my profile again on the 360 can you fix...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What’s going on with Xbox 360 as I can’t download my profile again on the 360 can you fix...: Trying to re-download my profile on my 360 keep give me a code that something isn’t right with my email but everything work fine on that side so plz can u have a look what’s going on plz...
  8. Why can’t I download Minecraft on new Xbox only old

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I download Minecraft on new Xbox only old: So I got Minecraft for free with my old Xbox in 2018 but now I have the series x and it says I must buy it or get game pass do I not get it because it was free? I just want it back on my console...
  9. I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.: Every time I try to play new mature games that I just installed, I can’t, because I get an error code that says class not registered. It only happens with mature games, but it doesn’t happen with...
  10. Why can’t I download the cross gen bundle on my Xbox one S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I download the cross gen bundle on my Xbox one S?: It keeps popping up with etc amount of items need an update. Then no matter what I click it won’t do own load the base game it just pops up with installation stopped. But, on my series S it...