Can't download anything Xbox app for windows

Discus and support Can't download anything Xbox app for windows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On the Xbox app on pc games won't install, stellar is stuck at 92.mb and won't do anything. Have tried cancelling install, resetting pc, uninstalling... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dan sherwood, May 6, 2023.

1. dan sherwood
    dan sherwood Guest

On the Xbox app on pc games won't install, stellar is stuck at 92.mb and won't do anything. Have tried cancelling install, resetting pc, uninstalling and reinstalling app, everything.. it just comes back and won't let me download anything else.

Tried everything! Any ideas?

Even looked in the folders for anything relating to stellaris and there's nothing I can see

:)

dan sherwood, May 6, 2023
  2. dan sherwood Win User

No worries I fixed it!

There was a file in Xbox games, no name just numbers/letters and I could not delete it even as administrator or anything, booted in safe got rid and boom jobs a gooden

Thanks for your help
  3. dan sherwood Win User

[​IMG]
    Hey Wille thank you for getting back to me.

The First thing I was unable to try, i have windows 11 and not sure if that is why but i was unable to find game service anywhere in the settings.

For the second thing,

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers [Enter]

this did not seem to work, it just froze up power shell, the next two commands however worked.

I then reset the pc and opened up the game pass app, and it had to install game service which it did. then straight back to the same issue.

i have tried to change the save folder but it does not seem to do anything, the settings still says xbox games as the save folder not any other that i select

Kind regards,

Dan
  4. Wille M. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I'm sorry you're having this problem, I have some tips that might help. Please follow the step below calmly for it to complete successfully.

1. Windows + I > Applications > Applications and Features;

2. Search "Game Service" > Click "..." > Advanced Options > Restore;

3. Try starting your games again.

If the problem persists, completely reinstall the game services:

1. Click Start Menu > Windows Power Shell > Run as Administrator;

2. Type or paste each command, and at the end, press Enter to process it:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers [Enter]

REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" /F [Enter]

REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" /F [Enter]

3. Restart your device.

Launch the Xbox app. You should see a blue banner with the following message: "This app needs an extra component. Game services are required to play some games. Administrator approval is required. Install". Select Install to reinstall Game Services. After the installation is complete, you will be able to install and launch the games again.

If that doesn't work, open the Admin command prompt, type or paste the following command below and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Process the installation, reboot and test.

If it still persists, try changing the download location and storage of the games:

Press the Windows key and select > Settings > System > Storage. Select Change where new content is saved. Using the menu under Where apps will be saved , choose the desired drive.

Please, if it doesn't work, reply to thread. I have a few more alternatives that might help. Do not give up! :)

Waiting your answer. Hugs!
  5. Wille M. Win User

That's great, Dan :)

About the command, it works for Windows 11 too, in some cases it is necessary to remove all users:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage

Anyway, I'm really happy to hear you got it sorted out.
  6. AduNaph3L Win User

Windows Xbox App wont recognize my Game Pass for PC subscription

Same here, just get a subscription, but I cannot download anything, it keeps saying : Get a Game pass, and the xbox app shows that I've already a subscription ...

Try to delog/relog, got the last version of windows and xbox app and I can't DL anything ....
Thema:

1. Can't download anything Xbox app for windows - Similar Threads - Can't download anything

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. Can't download Xbox App on pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download Xbox App on pc.: My xbox app asked for an update. I tried over and over and it wouldn't update. I uninstalled the app and tried reinstalling. when installing the app, the Microsoft app store won't even give me the...
  4. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  5. I can't download any games on my new pc due to the error "0xc0ea000a"

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download any games on my new pc due to the error "0xc0ea000a": I recently got a new Lenovo Yoga 7i 2-in-1 computer and everything seems to be working fine except I can't download any games at all on it. I am able to download any other app that isn't...
  6. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  7. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  8. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  9. I can't download anything over 2gb without a VPN

in XboX Insiders
    I can't download anything over 2gb without a VPN: Every download for a game gets about 1-2gb in and stops with the error 0x87e0000f which i've gone through so many listed steps to try fix. If I connect to a VPN and restart the download it gets...
  10. I can't download anything from store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download anything from store: When I wanted to download Minecraft bedrock edition trail, it says Acquiring license forever. I don't get it! I tried to download again and again but nothing. Now i saw many users experienced...