Can't connect XBOX S to WiFi. Can see the SSID and password is correct.

Discus and support Can't connect XBOX S to WiFi. Can see the SSID and password is correct. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an XBOX series S. When trying to set up for first time can not connect to the WiFi, even thou it can see the SSID and the password is correct.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MM_xB, Jan 8, 2024.

1. MM_xB
    MM_xB Guest

I have an XBOX series S. When trying to set up for first time can not connect to the WiFi, even thou it can see the SSID and the password is correct.

I tried switching 5G to 4G network, channels, intensity and type of encryption. Nothing helps.

:)

MM_xB, Jan 8, 2024
  2. MM_xB Win User

Finally solve it. The WiFi password contained an special character. I change it for just letters and numbers and finally worked.

Hope it helps others.
  3. taidara Win User

Xbox series x hidden wifi connection

Is there going to be an update to allow me to connect to my wifi that I like to keep hidden. I am able to connect to my wifi only when I broadcast my ssid. I have the Xbox series x BTW. It is the only device in my house that I cannot manually tell
    it the ssid and password. My old Xbox one and one s allow me to connect manually. Currently this cannot be done on the Xbox series x as far as I can tell.
    You do know that hidden SSIDs has no security means whatsover. It only sends a NULL bit for the cleartext name in every beacon. So, beacons will still be sent out and anyone with a simple spectrum analyzer will be able to see the BSSID of your AP.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

how can i connect to the wireless in my xbox 360 ? i tried everything and didnt work

Go to the settings of your Xbox 360. There under the network settings go to the additional network settings and reset it to factory defaults.

Then have the console search for WiFi networks in the area. Does the SSID of your new modem show up?

If so, then provide the correct Passkey for the WiFi and connect.

If the WiFi doesn't show up, check your WiFi router if you have 2.4GHz WiFi enabled. Also make sure that you don't use "exotic" characters in your SSID like Umlauts (ÄÖÜ) or accented characters (áèû) or stuff like that.

Also could you please describe in more detail at what stage your console fails to connect when you do a connection test to Xbox Live?

Does it see your WiFi SSID?

Does it connect to the WiFi but not the Internet?

Does it connect to the Internet but not Xbox Live?
  5. HassanB Win User

re entering wii fi password on my xbox 360

Hello,

You can also easily highlight the WiFi SSID and just press "Y" and it will disconnect, when you try to select the WiFi SSID again it will ask you to enter in the password again.
  6. supermm Win User

Konsola Xbox 360 nie wykrywa sieci Wi-Fi z routera D-Link DIR-853[The Xbox 360 console does not detect the Wi-Fi network from the D-Link DIR-853 router]

If i'm correct, you want connect the 360 with WiFi to your new Router.

Does the SSID have an underscore in his name (example Wi_Fi_Wireless), try a other SSID without the underscore ( _ )
Thema:

1. Can't connect XBOX S to WiFi. Can see the SSID and password is correct. - Similar Threads - Can't connect WiFi

2. I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password: I'm trying to switch my xbox from a wired to a wireless connection, and it's just... not... connecting. But it's very suspicious, that it never asked me for the wifi password. At the end of the...
  3. I can't connect on wifi of a hotel

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect on wifi of a hotel: I have a problem for connect to wifi of my university campus: for connecting you have a open connection but wifi dosen't work until you insert credentials in a login Page that appears One time I...
  4. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...
  5. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  6. I can't connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to wifi: It's not the router so don't even begin, it's a series s, it just stopped connecting, doesn't ask for password and just says it can't, saw a similar thread here and did a reset, it stayed the...
  7. Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...: Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection but when i go check it it says connection all good,i also can watch youtube but cant install my game any...
  8. My xbox is connected to WiFi but can't access Microsoft games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox is connected to WiFi but can't access Microsoft games: Hello my xbox is connected to Internet but when I go to store it dosent load or play fortnite bc7d43f7-647e-4931-b7c7-2f15ddc33f6f
  9. I can't connect to my Spectrum wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my Spectrum wifi.: I am unable to connect my 360 to my spectrum wifi. All other devices work fine connected. It does work wired. The router itself is set up so the app is the only means of using settings for the...
  10. Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi: Hello,Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi 611c55bf-0a45-4ae3-99c9-7b5086b9a9e7