Can't Connect to Xbox-Live, Requires Update, NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!??!

Discus and support Can't Connect to Xbox-Live, Requires Update, NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!??! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, As you know by reading the subject I am having issues with xbox live, bla bla bla But i havent seen anything like this. I've gone through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BLACKHAWK 69XL, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Can't Connect to Xbox-Live, Requires Update, NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!??!

Hello,

As you know by reading the subject I am having issues with xbox live, bla bla bla

But i havent seen anything like this.

I've gone through forums and tried everything. Won't work.

As you know, people are getting problems connecting to xbox live. You test network connection, you can't connect and then you press YES on the update.

Thats all fine and dandy,

except for me.

It says i dont have enough storage. ALSO, when i Restart my xbox it requires the same update as soon as i come in. It doesnt even give me a chance to sign into BLACKHAWK, i press yes nothing doing, try again, nothing doing. What is going on!?!?!? So i press
    b, and goto social and press join the fun. It doesnt even give me an account to sign into. It just gives me download profile. So i try to download profile and i can't do it. I press download profile and it says "To create or download an xbox live profile,
    you must have an Xbox 360 storage device" Thats insane, i still have 191 GB on my hard drive for my Xbox. What is going on?

So i press cancel and press "Cant access your account?" it gives me Status Code : 8b050008-521d5747-2df6f9d3

..... What is going on?

:)

BLACKHAWK 69XL, Oct 15, 2015
  2. JuanJ92
    JuanJ92 Guest
    Can't update xbox with usb

I tried that as well, clearing the system cache and testing my connection. It goes green all the way through but right before I connect I'm prompted to update in order to connect to xbox live. So I need to download the update from xbox live but at the same
    time I can't get on xbox live because I need to update the console to connect, and the external storage solution isn't working. It's so confusing.

JuanJ92, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Error connecting to XBOX live and updating XBOX 360

I need to update my XBOX 360 but I can't as it won't connect to my WIFI. I downloaded the update to a CD but it won't install and I get error 3F4A-0000-0080-0300-8007-0450 which I can't locate any information about in the forums. The XBOX won't update as
    it says I need to log in but it won't let me login as I can't connect to XBOX live as it requires the update. I have purchased an XBOX live card and created an account. Please help as I have new games I can't play as the update is required.

PompousCord1940, Oct 15, 2015
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Hey there Blackhawk!

[quote user="BLACKHAWK 69XL"]I've gone through forums and tried everything. Won't work.[/quote]Appreciate if you can detailing out all steps you have tried up to this point, so we dont post up solutions that may only echo back.

If you haven't already, try the following steps up front and in given order and let us know how that goes.

Delete Xbox LIVE profile safely

Before you delete your profile you have to know the username and password for your Microsoft account that is associated with your profile.

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Select All Devices.
    4. Select Gamer Profiles.
    5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
    6. Select Delete.
    7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Clear Xbox system cache (3 times in a row)

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
    4. Select Clear System Cache.
    5. Repeat this process three times in a row.

Restart your console.

Download Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
    2. Select Download Profile.
    3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
    4. Enter your Microsoft account password.

taidara, Oct 15, 2015
  5. I have tried all 3 of those, nothing has worked. Well actually, i couldn't even try them

For 1. When i go into storage all i have is "Unformatted", there is literally nothing else, can't try that i guess.

For 2. Whenever i press y over Unformatted, i can only do Format, i cannot do Clear System Cache

For 3. I cannot do download profile, because whenever i press it, it says

"To create or download and Xbox Live profile you must have an Xbox 360 storage device."

This doesn't make any sense, considering my Hard Drive has 191 GB left.

I infer that my Xbox is having an issue connecting to my Hard Drive, and this is the hard drive that i got with my Xbox. The one LOCATED INSIDE OF THE XBOX.

And also, what supports my inference even more so, is the fact that i don't have any available profiles to access. I have 2 profiles and another for my friends when they come to my house. I can't access those accounts, it doesn't even give
    me an option to access them as well.

Another inference,

I think this is all happening because of what i did before these chain of events happened. I will relay you everything that happened

I was playing Skyrim and my game crashed, this DOES happen, but not often. Anyways, my controller wouldn't work or anything, i press the power off/on button on the Xbox, nothing doing. So i just took the cord that goes from my Xbox, to the rectangular box
    connected to my Xbox, to the outlet. Took that out, Xbox turns off. Put it back in, restart the Xbox and everything i explained up top happened.

It would be EXTREMELY UNFORTUNATE if i have to buy a new hard drive and lose ALL OF MY GAMES AND PROFILES. I THINK i can get all that back if i do have to come to this last resort, but i pray we don't have to get to that crossroads.

Thank you

BLACKHAWK 69XL, Oct 16, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    What king of console do you have? FAT, S or E?

Do you have a hard drive for it or is it the standard 4 GB (S or E only)?

If you have a hard drive attached and it is an S or E can you try removing the drive to see if the issue changes? The issue could very well be with the drive itself.

onyxishere, Oct 17, 2015
  7. My console is an Xbox 360 S

I have the standard-came-inside-the-xbox hard drive. It is 250 GB. I do not have anything else attached to my Xbox.

BLACKHAWK 69XL, Oct 17, 2015
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

The only solution to this point, is to try what onyx62is suggested, to have your console powered off and safely remove the hard drive. Re-attach your drive and make sure it's properly connected and power on your console.

The "Unformatted" condition of your hard drive is a way for the system to inform its attempt to read data from its partitions has failed and often caused by data being damaged or corrupted.

If your console is still covered by warranty, where the hard drive (accessory) is covered by 90 days warranty from the date you purchased it (or console) you can then send your console in for a repair. https://myservice.xbox.com/

You can also try format the hard drive, but all data will be lost during this process.

The games you purchased as DLC's from Xbox Marketplace, and which are still accessible from the Marketplace, can easily be downloaded with the profile you used for your purchases.

Your profile can also be easily downloaded from Xbox Live.

taidara, Oct 17, 2015
  9. Are there any specific time periods I have to go through when the hard drive is being taken out? Example : take out hard drive, wait 60 seconds, put hard drive back in, wait 5 minutes, etc etc etc?

BLACKHAWK 69XL, Oct 18, 2015
  10. taidara
    taidara Guest
    There is no official statement that advertise you to wait for a specific time period.

My recommendation is to wait a couple of minutes before you remove the hard drive. Then just add it back.

Here's how:
    support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

taidara, Oct 18, 2015
  11. Ok, well i removed the hard drive, waited 5 minutes, put it back in, waited 5 minutes. The xbox has been off for at least and hour before i removed it.

When I put it back in GUESS WHAT CHANGED!!!!!!

Nothing......

Can't Connect to Xbox-Live, Requires Update, NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!??! :(

BLACKHAWK 69XL, Oct 18, 2015
  12. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Then follow the remaining steps, as per my second post (scroll up).

I'm sorry, but there's no official solution made to solve this from your end.

taidara, Oct 18, 2015
  13. taidara
    taidara Guest

Thank you!

I hope you get this solved, one way or the other.

Good luck and take care!

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Captwinky Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live

The storage shows 3.0GB capacity 1.2FB free. (Device Summary) Doing the test for "Test Xbox Live Connection" it shows Network: Connected Internet: Connected Then said a required update is need. So I apply it now it. It Xbox live connection Fails.... Next
    screen with Test failed "Start Over" or "Cancel" it suck it that loop.
  15. Kia Ora IV Win User

Xbox Live Error Code 800704CD - Can't download profile

First off, I did as you suggested and checked the contents of my Xbox hard drive. By using the Storage option under System Settings I reviewed the status of all contents on my drive. None exhibited the yellow exclamation mark.

I proceeded to try your 2nd suggestion. With my Xbox powered off, I removed the 250Gb hard drive. I plugged in a pre-configured Xbox-compatible USB key. I powered up the Xbox. The Xbox put a message that an update was required. I tried to let the update
    run, but it abended after 10 minutes. Subsequent to that, I attempted to download my profile. The Xbox again reminded me that an update was required before I could connect with Xbox Live. Again, I attempted to download the update to the USB key and again
    it failed after 10 minutes.

I ran a network test from the Xbox and it validated that the network, Internet and Xbox Live connectivity was working.

So, here I am, stuck in a loop… can't download my profile without the network, apparently can't use the network until some sort of update is loaded onto my Xbox… can't get the update, because I can't seem to connect to Xbox Live.

5 days and counting, no Xbox Live connectivity, no profile downloading… sounds like a major outage in Canada!
  16. JuanJ92 Win User

Can't update xbox with usb

I tried that as well, clearing the system cache and testing my connection. It goes green all the way through but right before I connect I'm prompted to update in order to connect to xbox live. So I need to download the update from xbox live but at the same
    time I can't get on xbox live because I need to update the console to connect, and the external storage solution isn't working. It's so confusing.
  17. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Updated Required - Xbox Live Disconnected

They say that when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Soooooo with that can you try this......

-

On the console go to settings, system, storage. Highlight your storage device in the list and press these buttons in sequence on your controller, LB RB X LB RB X, select yes on the next screen, the console will restart , the console will update again. See
    how that goes please.
  18. taidara Win User

Cannot connect to xbox live- update required, but impossible to get!!

The most recent update is the one you've downloaded from xbox.com/update and can be found here:
    www.xbox.com/system-update-usb Could you check your storage device so there are no corrupted/damaged contents showing. Corrupted contents is shown as an yellow exclamation mark.
Thema:

1. Can't Connect to Xbox-Live, Requires Update, NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!??! - Similar Threads - Can't Connect Live

2. I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected: I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected 544fa0c7-940c-4556-9c52-8cac307a4299
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  4. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  5. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  6. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  7. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  8. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  9. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  10. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...