Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

Discus and support Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Arkitekx, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Arkitekx
    Arkitekx Guest

Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless.

Possible causes:

ISP side issue with IP assignment (DHCP) &/OR network address translation (NAT) issues

In my case it was exactly this I used a machine using Linux to set up my own DHCP server and assign addresses myself though the machine and used miniupnp (for automatic port forwarding of needed ports such as 3074) and bam NAT type open, no double nat and could connect to party's instantly, so knowing that the internet in itself was perfectly fine when being used on a properly configured Linux machine (most routers use Open BSD as an OS on OS detection scans) we could tell that the issue came ethier from poor configuration of the router itself or on the ISP side now the question you need to ask yourself is as follows

1. Is the Xbox party the only issue you're having?

Firstly it's important to note that using a mobile hotspot as I've seen suggested for this issue is a temporary fix that is suggested because you are on the forums of Xbox and not your ISP because of this they assume your issue is directly related to your console, which it is not! They will suggest soft resets and clearing DNS cache (THIS DOES NOT WORK) your issue is to do with how your router is assigning IPS to devices on your network (DHCP) OR Network translation issues caused by (UPNP) bare in mind it's most likely the DHCP as UPNP can be disabled on the Linux machine and function perfectly fine connecting to party's. Routing the connection through your computer to the Xbox with an ethernet cable should resolve this.

Need help bridging connection? Follow this link

https://support.ringcentral.com/art...=RC_US&product=RingCentral_MVP&language=en_US

Bridging your connection from your pc is not a permanent solution it is there for anyone who isn't the account holder and cannot make calls to their ISP to fix this issue but in general this is an ISP side issue and simply explaining what has happened will get you on the right track to getting it fixed, although this isn't an actual Xbox issue it happens because of protocols Xbox use and it is only logical to assume most of the issues will arise on the Xbox forums and that is why I'm posting here, I hope I manage to help a few frustrated users with this issue as I myself was dumbfounded at how simple the solution was.

:)

Arkitekx, Feb 19, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: