Can't Connect to Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 S

Discus and support Can't Connect to Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have an xbox 360 S that we were able to connect to xbox live. We played it for less than a year and all of a sudden we cannot connect to Xbox LIVE.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cjw4614, Jan 23, 2014.

1. cjw4614
    cjw4614 Guest

We have an xbox 360 S that we were able to connect to xbox live. We played it for less than a year and all of a sudden we cannot connect to Xbox LIVE. If i run a connection test it tells me that I have a xbox 360 live connection error (no code is given).
    Also my system will not complete an update. We boot it up, it tells us there is an update available, we acknowledge, and about 5 seconds after starting the download it provides error code

3F4A-0000-0080-0300-8007-0070

Since then, I have worked through about every supposed "fix" on these forums, none of which have worked. Some interesting notes:

1) I tried copying the update to CD-ROM - XBOX stated it "couldn't read the disk" after the green bar seemingly completed upon extraction of the update

2) I tried putting the update on a official XBOX USB drive (FAT32) to which XBOX said it "couldn't process the update" (3F4A-3F4B-1600-267F-C000-0185)

3) Connecting the Xbox directly to my DSL router via a wired connection is not an option

4) Signing into Xbox LIVE and all previous updates up until this update have worked fine

5) I have cleared all system caches and the cache on the USB (which I use permanently on the Xbox)

6) I have moved through the entire "Connecting to XBOX" wizard and exhausted all 8 or 9 options, including resetting the wireless configuration to default, etc.

I have tried this below off of a very similar post

Verified that I have enough storage space on the internal flash memory (4GB). The software update requires at least 190 MB of storage space.

Made sure your USB drive is FAT formatted. Made sure I copied the $Systemupdate correctly to my USB drive. Copied the "$Systemupdate" folder from the ZIP-Compressed file to your USB drive. I did not copy the individual files to the USB drive from the "$systemupdate"
    folder. I did this correctly & opened my USB Stick on the PC with a double click, and ONLY saw the "$systemupdate" folder (with the dollar sign). And nothing else.

I also did this below but I feel it was kind of retarded in a Contra way.

Turn off your console. Press and hold the sync button (the small one you use to connect your wireless controllers). While holding press the power button to turn your console on. Continue to hold the sync button until the console is completely booted up.

Go to System Settings and choose storage.

On your controller, press the following button sequence:

Press the left bumper.

Press the right bumper.

Press the X button.

Press the left bumper.

Press the right bumper.

Press the X button.

Try and update from the USB drive.

However even holding the buttons down, it automatically pulled up the need for an update message. Nothing has worked and my Xbox is basically useless since it will not save anything without a profile. I have a 16gb xbox 360 usb stick (way overpriced) that
    is also there for extra memory (but I still have 1.6gb free on the system drive). Is this console garbage or is there something I can do to fix it?

:)

cjw4614, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Hello!

Starting up my Xbox 360 S and signing in the console says "Your console can't connect to Xbox Live" So I exit this session and test my network connection. It is a wired connection. So I test Xbox Live Connection. The console says that it can't obtain an
    ipaddress. It can't connect to network. Can you help me to get this console on Xbox Live?

HenkKlompenhouwer, Jan 23, 2014
  3. LunivolMoun
    LunivolMoun Guest
    HEELLPP!!!!! I am trying to connect to my xbox live while playing Lego Indiana Jones for the 360 one

I have been trying to connect to xbox live while playing a 360 game on my one, as I mentioned above the game was Lego Indy for the 360. It says it can't connect to live but IM SIGNED INTO LIVE ON MY XBOX ONE PROFILE. Which is on the same console I'm trying
    to connect to 360 live on. T.T can't connect my behind. T.T Please Help Me!

LunivolMoun, Jan 23, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: