Can’t connect to Wi-Fi won’t read network fixed

Discus and support Can’t connect to Wi-Fi won’t read network fixed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just experienced this problem for the first time reset sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but I took my time to go over the settings and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trev Phil, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Trev Phil
    Trev Phil Guest

I just experienced this problem for the first time reset sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but I took my time to go over the settings and learn that if you clear your DNS you should be good to go. That’s what I did and now I’m able to find the network, I hope this helps. I only logged in so I can notify how to fix

:)

Trev Phil, Nov 17, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I'm happy to assist you today.

If I may confirm, you managed to resolve the issue you're had initially?
  3. Hoskayra Win User

First time gamer

Hello, Alan my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

It seems like there's an issue with connecting your Xbox to the Wi-Fi network during the initial setup process. When you enter the 10-digit code and select "Connect to Wi-Fi," your phone switches to 4G instead of connecting to the Xbox's Wi-Fi network. This could be due to a temporary glitch or a misconfigured network setting.

Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:

1. Verify Wi-Fi Connection on Xbox:

Before proceeding with the phone app, ensure your Xbox is connected to the Wi-Fi network. On your Xbox, go to Settings > General > Network settings > Test network connection. If the test fails, check your Xbox's Wi-Fi settings and ensure it's connected to the correct network with valid credentials.

2. Reset Phone's Network Settings:

On your phone, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Forget Wi-Fi networks. This will clear all saved Wi-Fi networks, including the Xbox network. Then, rescan for available networks and select the Xbox network.

3. Restart Both Devices:

A simple restart can often fix temporary glitches. Restart your phone and Xbox. Once both devices are back on, try connecting again using the Xbox app.

4. Manually Connect to Xbox Wi-Fi on Phone:

Instead of letting the Xbox app connect to the Wi-Fi, manually connect your phone to the Xbox's Wi-Fi network. On your phone, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Select the Xbox network (SSID) > Enter the Wi-Fi password.

5. Check for Interference:

Ensure the Xbox is placed close to the Wi-Fi router to minimize potential interference from walls or other electronic devices. Move any obstructions if necessary.

6. Update Xbox Software:

Outdated software can cause connectivity issues. On your Xbox, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Check for updates. Install any available updates.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. daniel086 Win User

Xbox one s not connecting to Wi-Fi

The error message is “can’t connect to your wireless network” I’m literally out of ideas with this. I don’t see how my Wi-Fi card or whatever it’s called could be broke if it’s picking the connection up it’s just not actually connecting to it. A wired connection is not possible for me so I’m heavily relying on finding a fix for this.
  5. MILLARD22 Win User

cant connect or disconnects every few seconds

Oh I guess that would help

I tried unplugging the cable while the xbox is off and wile I was still connected to xbox live but then it says I do have cable plugged in and won’t let me use my Wi-Fi. I tried setting it back to factory settings. i rebooted my router . Unfortunately I
    can’t remember a little things I tried

The Wi-Fi will not work without the cable.

Wen testing the connation the little symbol for Wi-Fi switches to the cable symbol and back.
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

: Xbox Live cannot keep a connection

You surely have your Xbox connected to Wi-Fi. Connect the Xbox to your network over the cable and fix the problem.
Thema:

1. Can’t connect to Wi-Fi won’t read network fixed - Similar Threads - Can’t connect won’t

2. Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...: Been using remote play for a while on my computer to connect to my Xbox series X but the other day it tells me it can’t connect. It is an instant message I get and I have no idea how to solve it....
  3. Can’t connect to parties, can someone help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to parties, can someone help: I can’t cant connect to a party, everytime I join my profile picture goes gray for a second like I’m in game chat, then it says “disconnected” under everyone’s name, then I start connecting and...
  4. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  5. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  6. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  7. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  8. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  9. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  10. Console won’t connect to internet, can’t even find my network. Had it working this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console won’t connect to internet, can’t even find my network. Had it working this...: Hello, My console won’t connect to WiFi, can’t find my network. Says hardware problem. fa4ce9e9-2fb8-4cb8-9a42-42f605b52ab9