Can't connect to other players.(My NAT is OPEN)

Discus and support Can't connect to other players.(My NAT is OPEN) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I started a conversation with support, but did not have time to stay on my PC. No matter what game I try to play I have trouble connecting to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RTD xXMikeyXx, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Can't connect to other players.(My NAT is OPEN)

Hello, I started a conversation with support, but did not have time to stay on my PC. No matter what game I try to play I have trouble connecting to people, but NAT is open and don't see what else could be the problem. On Ryse and Halo Spartan **** it just
    does not find other players, and on Dead Rising 3 it always says "Other player has disconnected," and Battlefield 4 say I lost connection to the EA servers, but I know EA has been having problems with Battlefield.

:)

RTD xXMikeyXx, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Lag for Life
    Lag for Life Guest
    Connection help

Since you've got Halo 4, chuck it in and let it tell you what your NAT type is. If it's Open, you shouldn't have any problems (though you can actually have a few problems). If it's Moderate you can only connect to other Moderate or Open players and Strict
    NAT players can only connect to Open NAT players.

If your NAT type is Open, tell them to check theirs. If it isn't, look into opening yours, it really does help.

Lag for Life, Jan 3, 2014
  3. kablasia
    kablasia Guest
    Xbox one says my nats open, but games says its not.

Yo I think I got the same problem, but with Fifa 14. Problem is I can't check the NAT type on there to see I have strict nat in-game. I got open nat on the dashboard and I have open pots and all that stuff. I even bought a new router and set it up and
    I still can't connect to other players.

kablasia, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

moderate nat better than open nat?

@taidara:

yes I read it and it´s proofed. For example:4 players me (open NAT) 1 player host also open NAT. 2. player moderate NAT and third player strict NAT. So the moderate and strict can´t connect to each other. It means that I co host the session. If a packet
    goes from player 2 to player 3 it goes to my router and get forwarded. These are the sessions I see. The problem is: This is a slowdown of my connection. So if I there are many strict NAT´s and some moderate NAT´s the open NAT has to co host the session. And
    if there are game mechanics like lag compensation all goes wrong because player 2 and 3 in my example can´t connect the direct way to each other they connect to another open NAT and the open NAT owner gets penalized. I don´t know if it increases latency -
    but I think so.

So for me it´s clear - for Gaming a moderate NAT is MUCH MUCH better than an open NAT. The only Problem is: I need an open NAT because of some partys I can´t join :(

xbox live parties should connect to another port - so I can forward the party port and not the gaming port - but that will never happen.
  5. kablasia Win User

Xbox one says my nats open, but games says its not.

Yo I think I got the same problem, but with Fifa 14. Problem is I can't check the NAT type on there to see I have strict nat in-game. I got open nat on the dashboard and I have open pots and all that stuff. I even bought a new router and set it up and
    I still can't connect to other players.
  6. Lag for Life Win User

Connection help

Since you've got Halo 4, chuck it in and let it tell you what your NAT type is. If it's Open, you shouldn't have any problems (though you can actually have a few problems). If it's Moderate you can only connect to other Moderate or Open players and Strict
    NAT players can only connect to Open NAT players.

If your NAT type is Open, tell them to check theirs. If it isn't, look into opening yours, it really does help.
  7. Miss Portia Win User

Can't connect to other players - *Has open NAT though*

Do these other players have strict NAT, or moderate? While Open NAT should be able to connect with everyone, sometimes the connection isn't made as easily with a user with Strict NAT.
  8. shaneyboy28 Win User

Xbox not working 100%

Can't have wire connection dad won't aloud it. and my NAT is open. any other suggestions? please
Thema:

Can't connect to other players.(My NAT is OPEN)

1. Can't connect to other players.(My NAT is OPEN) - Similar Threads - Can't connect players

2. Can't connected 4th player to mincraft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connected 4th player to mincraft: This seems to be an ongoing issue with only minecraft. We have an Xbox one S. When logging on alot of the times the fourth player cannot login. All controllers are synced to the system fine and...
  3. Why can't I use netflix or hulu, or connect to multi-player games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I use netflix or hulu, or connect to multi-player games.: I've tried resetting my console, my router, clearing all caches. I cannot figure out why I'm connected to the internet but I can't play any game online or use any apps. The Xbox help is a endless...
  4. XB1X - 98% packet loss, Can't Connect to Any Multi-player Servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1X - 98% packet loss, Can't Connect to Any Multi-player Servers: I received a new modem and router yeaterday (F@st5280 router, Spectrum service). Initially I could play multi-player games fine, but began to see lag and teleporting characters. After a few hours,...
  5. Can't connect 2nd player in Minecraft on Xbox slit screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect 2nd player in Minecraft on Xbox slit screen: Hi, We have been able to play multiplayer in split screen before, but for some reason now we're not able to connect the second player. There is no error message, but we just see that screen where...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, player can't connect to Multiplayer Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, player can't connect to Multiplayer Game: Hey, I have a connection problem on the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft. After playing for weeks a specific user can't join a specific world anymore, on a random day. He receives a infinite...
  7. COD Advanced Warfare: XB One player can't connect with XB360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Advanced Warfare: XB One player can't connect with XB360: My friend has a XB360 and I have a new XBOne. We've been online/multiplayer friends for quite some time. When we both login to Advanced Warfare, we can see each other, we can send messages but...
  8. Can't connect player 2 on Minecraft 2 player local co-op

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect player 2 on Minecraft 2 player local co-op: I have read on this forum and have watched videos on how to do this, but I still can't connect a second player on Minecraft local co-op. I am trying to play with my daughter. I will list what I...
  9. Can't connect to one specific player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to one specific player: okay I have been trying to play Xbox with my friend but for some dumb reason I can't connect to his games and he can't connect to mine. We have tried playing many games together with private...
  10. Can't Connect to Xbox Live multi-player games on Xbox One because of strict NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect to Xbox Live multi-player games on Xbox One because of strict NAT: What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA Modem brand & model number: NONE Router brand & model number: N300-WiFi Router Model: WNR3500L How many 360 and One consoles are connected to...