can't connect to live/weird account issues

Discus and support can't connect to live/weird account issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My 2 roommates and I have the same issue Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ned Plimpton, Apr 11, 2016.

1. can't connect to live/weird account issues

My 2 roommates and I have the same issue

KontyMctwot73, Apr 15, 2016
  2. samurai
    samurai Guest
    Hi there,

It seems like signing out of the profile and then back in only works for some people.

I would suggest trying the following.

1. Sign out of your account.

2. Remove the affected profile(s) from the console (support.xbox.com/.../remove-profile-from-console)

3. Hold the power button for 10 seconds

4. Unplug the console for 5 minutes

5. Plug the console back in & turn it on

6. Re-add your profile to the console (support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-account-xbox-one)

Please give those steps a try when you can.

Also, if this is happening for you & you're in the Xbox One Preview Program, be sure to make a post about this in the Private Preview Support forums.

Good luck!

samurai, Apr 15, 2016
  3. WILDman260
    WILDman260 Guest
    I've tried these steps ^^^ a few times now... but no good. I've even factory reset the console and still doesn't cure it. It's an intermittent issue as sometimes it does seem to sign in normally, but most of the time it doesn't.

It has to either be something to do with XBL itself, or a bug with the latest update. I just hope MS are investigating.

WILDman260, Apr 17, 2016
  4. SamCallam
    SamCallam Guest

Ive got exactly the same problem, i removed my account like MS said and it worked, then on my next startup it *** up again. All XBL services are running fine, but I'm certain its something to do with the latest update.

SamCallam, Apr 18, 2016
  5. GoldGringo
    GoldGringo Guest
    Hey guys. I fixed my same darn issue.

Here's what I did.

Sign out of you profile, now you should be able to access the store and such. I downloaded an app I didn't have (uoutube) and it asked "whines this" I entered in my info for my profile and then it downloaded the app. I then continued to use it for a minute
    before hitting my home button. I'm now signed in and everything is working fine. Playing Battlefront.

GoldGringo, Apr 18, 2016
  6. I was having the same issue and tried everything everyone else tried and after signing out and it displayed the store and everything, I signed back in and it somehow worked. I turned off my console to see if the fix would stay fixed and it did. After spending
    last night being abut ready to put my controller through my TV with frustration, this incredibly stupid trouble shoot was all I needed. 10 points to Hufflepuff.

Lt7winkLe7i7s, Apr 18, 2016
  7. Bradd223
    Bradd223 Guest
    If signing out and signing back in did not fix it. Run your network and multiplayer tests, if those come back as all good then re-download your profile. *if you choose to powercycle, please use the restart console feature to do so* If the re-download does
    not help, I'd suggest attempt logging into account.live.com and check for any account errors. If all else fails, try changing you password for your Microsoft Account.

Hope you guys get it fixed!

Bradd223, Apr 18, 2016
  8. can't connect to live/weird account issues

I just signed out and back in. It asked me for my MSN password, but after that it was fixed. Weird.

gravedigger135, Apr 21, 2016
  9. ZARAM0
    ZARAM0 Guest
    When is Microsoft going to fix this problem, it's been a month now with this problem, and no the problem is not on my end or my router.

ZARAM0, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: