can't connect to live/weird account issues

Discus and support can't connect to live/weird account issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So when I first turn on my xbox one I will be signed into my profile just fine. It will show two of my friend as online, but I'm clearly not connected... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ned Plimpton, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Ned Plimpton
    Ned Plimpton Guest

So when I first turn on my xbox one I will be signed into my profile just fine. It will show two of my friend as online, but I'm clearly not connected to live because the tile on the right says "connect to xbox live" of course, tapping A on it does absolutely
    nothing.

I've tried signing out of my profile and when I do so I AM able to access the store/other online options.

When I try and sign back in the screen will dim and then give me a "something went wrong" message OR it will refresh and act like I've been signed in but I'm not. I can repeat this process dozens of times with the same results.

I've tried resetting my router several times.

I've hard reset my console several times.

My NAT is listed as strict (don't think it was a few days ago) but running tests on the console everything comes up fine with no issues.

Why am I clearly able to get online when nobody is signed in? why can't I sign back in when I sign out? why can't I connect to live?

Has been happening the past 2 days and has pretty much rendered my console useless.

Any other options?

:)

Ned Plimpton, Apr 11, 2016
  2. ShallaTSoni
    ShallaTSoni Guest
    Weird Xbox Live Account issue?

It been strange it only happened on video marketplace, fine under games?

ShallaTSoni, Apr 11, 2016
  3. ShallaTSoni
    ShallaTSoni Guest
    Weird Xbox Live Account issue?

How do you fix the issue that says Rigion something when trying to purchase, buy something?

ShallaTSoni, Apr 11, 2016
  4. can't connect to live/weird account issues

sounds like your router and xbox aren't on good speaking terms ....are you wireless ? if yes , try a wire connection and test , also list the name and model of your modem and router...

RobertBuckalew, Apr 11, 2016
  5. Ned Plimpton
    Ned Plimpton Guest
    Wireless, D-link DIR-835

has worked absolutely fine until a few days ago.

Will try wired if I can, but it will be very tricky with my setup.

Ned Plimpton, Apr 11, 2016
  6. I believe that is a duel band router ? if so , try the 2.4 ghz range , xbox is known to have issues with the 5 ghz range ....also , what is your modem ? if you plug the xbox straight into the modem you can test to see if its your router causing the issues
    or not....

RobertBuckalew, Apr 11, 2016
  7. Ned Plimpton
    Ned Plimpton Guest
    It is on the 2.4 ghz range.

I've tried it wired, still the same issue.

connecting it directly to the router is not something I can easily do at the moment, but I'll try just for the sake of it.

My console IS clearly connected to the internet and working. I can use things like bing just fine (without being logged in)

Trying to log into my profile and getting the error "something went wrong" (0x80070102) is what seems really, really strange to me.

Ned Plimpton, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Krist0felOs
    Krist0felOs Guest

I have the same issue. Have been playing without problems from 12u till aroun 17u (Belgium) and suddenly the party crashed. I could still run around in game and see the others in game. I just couldn't hear them. Rebooted xbox, no connection anymore to xboxlive.
    I checked everyting: portforwarding, resets, loging back on .... nothing helps. So I guess the problem is with xbox live?

Krist0felOs, Apr 12, 2016
  9. WILDman260
    WILDman260 Guest
    This is a problem I've been complaining about for weeks now... I've tried Xbox Support a few times, and they say that they're looking into it.

I've tried every possible thing and nothing works. And it's happening to too many people for it to be an isolated issue. It's something on MS's end. We need some response from MS that they're aware of this because it's getting annoying.

WILDman260, Apr 12, 2016
  10. I seem to have the same problem. I was playing fine in the morning then I left to go to class and when I came back home I couldn't connect to xbox live but i could see my friends online.

PovverHouse11, Apr 12, 2016
  11. Ned Plimpton
    Ned Plimpton Guest
    did you guys try signing out of your account and back in?

curious if anyone else is getting the same issue as me where that doesn't work and effectively "locks" me out.

Ned Plimpton, Apr 12, 2016
  12. I signed off then back on and it seemed to fix it.

PovverHouse11, Apr 12, 2016
  13. WILDman260
    WILDman260 Guest

Signing out and back in, or restarting, is only a temporary fix. There is still an underlying issue. Plus, last night, no matter what I did it just wouldn't sign me in.

I'm trying to upload a photo of what the home page looks like when you sign in, but it won't let me. Basically, on boot-up, the profile seems to sign in, but you just aren't connecting to Live. Internet connection tests are all good, but still no connection
    to Live. And as mentioned above, the homepage shows the tile on the right hand side saying "Connect to Xbox Live".

And I've done everything possible to sort this but
    nothing works. This needs to be properly investigated by MS because it's getting annoying.

WILDman260, Apr 13, 2016
  14. ZARAM0
    ZARAM0 Guest
    Same problem, nothing works for me, tried everything and still cannot connect, oh well going fishing tomorrow guess my xbox will work better as a boat anchor.

ZARAM0, Apr 15, 2016
  15. I'm having this issue today signing out and back in has worked for me on this occasion. I'm willing to bet that won't last forever tho...

FengShui1983-750FFBE8-4D47-4862-B2AA-E64EE54B8BA4, Apr 15, 2016
Thema: