Can't connect to internet via ethernet cable. Only wirelessly.

Discus and support Can't connect to internet via ethernet cable. Only wirelessly. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is random when it decides to work or not. I've had to keep my Xbox One connected wirelessly...but I'm old school and I prefer having a wired... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Charlie Br0wn85, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Can't connect to internet via ethernet cable. Only wirelessly.

So this is random when it decides to work or not. I've had to keep my Xbox One connected wirelessly...but I'm old school and I prefer having a wired connection. This wouldn't be an issue except my console seems to have some problem with being connected via
    ethernet cable. It connects just fine wirelessly...but it'**** or miss when it decides to work via cable. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't...and when it doesn't...I HAVE to switch to wireless.

I'm not sure if it means my plug on the back of the console is broken or my cable...I just don't know. Anyone else had this problem?

:)

Charlie Br0wn85, Oct 30, 2014
  2. John Rycroft
    John Rycroft Guest
    Can't access Wireless Network despite Ethernet cable being unplugged.

Hi there. I can't connect to Xbox Live via wireless network because my xbox seems to think my ethernet cable is plugged in, when it's not. I always get this message:

Your console has an ethernet cable and an xbox 360 wireless networking adapter connected. Only the ethernet connection will be used. To use your wireless adapter, disconnect the ethernet cable.

Previously i'd play xbox online via an ethernet cable but during a thunderstorm my router got fried and I had to get it replaced. With TalkTalk being a useless broadband company, my xbox doesnt connect to the internet through the cable (no idea why :S) and
    thus my only other option now is to connect wirelessly. But I can't because of this error message.

Any help please? Thanks in advance.

John Rycroft, Oct 30, 2014
  3. does ethernet xbox one download faster?

I connect all of my consoles to the internet via ethernet cables. It's definitely the way to go.

Eifersucht_DT, Oct 30, 2014
  4. NENGaming
    NENGaming Guest

I've not had this problem mate, no. Have you got another Ethernet cable to try out? It might be like you say, a cable problem. What router do you have? Does it have multiple ports? If so you could also try a different port from the router.

If non of that gets it sorted, get back to us and we'll try some other stuff.

NENGaming, Oct 30, 2014
  5. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest
    Definitely echoing what Nine Eight says, it sounds like either a bad cable or a bad Router Port - more likely the cable! I've actually had both happen to me, back when I had a 360 - when the one router port went bad, it just stopped working completely, but
    when my cable had one of the tiny inner wires frayed out, the connection was intermittent.

Give that a try!

Jaymo1978, Oct 31, 2018
  6. c2drules Win User

New Adapter, Xbox Live Wired Connection Problems.

Is the internet going to your Xbox via an ethernet cable from your PC that is connected wirelessly or wired from your router?
  7. Nrxb Win User

Do my Xbox one have to be connected to the internet to install a game

No you do not have to be connected via a ethernet cable as you can connect to the internet wirelessly but the download speed will be much faster while plugged in depending on your internet and what it provides.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Halo Spartan opps game

Are you connected wirelessly or via ethernet cable?
  9. onyxishere Win User

Downloading FIFA 13

Are you connected wirelessly or via ethernet cable?
  10. Eggnogga Win User

I have a few issues

Is your console connected wirelessly or via an ethernet cable?
Thema:

1. Can't connect to internet via ethernet cable. Only wirelessly. - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  3. can't connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't connect to the internet: hello I just wanna ask why is my xbox not connecting to the internet it says that my console I ready to go but it shows the message that says the following services are experiencing issues could...
  4. I can't connect to my internet on Xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my internet on Xbox one.: I am getting an error saying that I can't connect to the server but my internet won't even connect to the console. Please help. 43b0d770-1925-4adc-ac69-ada9508d62a4
  5. I can't connect to the internet. I have an Xbox s.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to the internet. I have an Xbox s.: I can't connect to the internet. I have an Xbox s. cccfdb57-6aac-4ace-9766-8d90f3648f9f
  6. I can't sign in to my xbox account it says my internet connection is fine and when I log...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign in to my xbox account it says my internet connection is fine and when I log...: I can't sign in and I don't know how to fix it please help me 53b3ed92-2d7e-4a59-846b-040e3a70d469
  7. Why can't I connect to internet

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I connect to internet: Why can't connect to the internet 0e31da7c-e3a4-4d16-ade4-afa2841424c0
  8. Can't Connect to Internet On Xbox 360 Profile On Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect to Internet On Xbox 360 Profile On Xbox Series X: Basically over the last few months, everytime i play an Xbox 360 game on My series x it always says something like "Can't Sign into Live Please Check Connection" when i already have a connection....
  9. My son can't connect to the internet with his Xbox series s because of the Teredo IP...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can't connect to the internet with his Xbox series s because of the Teredo IP...: Can the Teredo IP address issue be fixed? 62217697-bed5-416d-8991-d6eafe78b895
  10. I can't connect to the internet no matter what I do can someone help please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to the internet no matter what I do can someone help please?: I am trying to play online games but i can't as it says there is no internet connection yet I'm connected to my internet i have tested the NAT connection and it says its unavailable or strict. I...