Can’t connect to game servers

Discus and support Can’t connect to game servers in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Was playing a game of FIFA 23 earlier on XboX Series S and it randomly lost connection. Couldn’t connect back to EA servers but also can’t connect to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joe Miller6, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Joe Miller6
    Joe Miller6 Guest

Was playing a game of FIFA 23 earlier on XboX Series S and it randomly lost connection. Couldn’t connect back to EA servers but also can’t connect to any other game servers (MLB The Show 23, for example). Reset my router and also power-cycled the console. Internet connection is strong (I can get to the Microsoft store just fine), but I cannot sign into any games.

Game Pass Ultimate subscription is active.

Please help!

Thank you

:)

Joe Miller6, Jun 17, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Seems like you have performed all the necessary steps, Joe. To check if the issue is with the console is there a way for you to use a different network connection that we can try to use such as a mobile hotspot? If yes, please try it out then check if there will be an improvement.
  3. Caden Boston Win User

Thank you. It took a couple of days of redoing these steps over but it finally started working again
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Caden

Could be an issue with your current ISP (Internet Service Provider)

In order to isolate a bit more the issue, are you able to test with a completely different wifi network?

For example, sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot and connect the console in that way

-------------

In the meantime try power cycling your router to see if that helps:

Disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again
  5. Joe Miller6 Win User

I do have a mobile hotspot and that allowed me to connect to the game servers, so perhaps the issue is with my WiFi.

Question (if you wouldn’t mind): what’s the right way to phrase the issue to the Comcast people? The WiFi itself is working just fine… and I can sign into my Xbox account no problem; I’m just not able to connect to game servers. Is there a certain terminology I should use when notifying them? Thank you!
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello TylerBennett6,

Try to turn off the console and remove the power cord; wait for 1 to 2 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the console and check again!

If the issue persists, I would strongly suggest trying the troubleshooting steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear

Then select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

Also, It would be great if you can delete the local save of the game.

If the issue persists, try to soft reset the console!

If none of the steps above help, I would recommend trying the steps listed here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...et cable from,Test network speed & statistics).
Thema:

1. Can’t connect to game servers - Similar Threads - Can’t connect game

2. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  3. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  4. I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One: So I have done quite a bit of research regarding the backwards compatibility issue with Xbox 360 games on Xbox One, and nothing seems to work for me. At the end of the day, I can’t sign into my...
  5. I can’t connect to online multiplayer games yet I have game pass ultimate and can play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t connect to online multiplayer games yet I have game pass ultimate and can play...: I’ve been having a problem connecting to multiplayer games although I have game pass ultimate I can play forza horizon 5 fine so Ik I have gamepass but every game that requires online multiplayer...
  6. Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.: For over a year now, I haven’t been able to play any Xbox 360 games online. Initially, when the issue started Every time I tried to load an Xbox 360 game I couldn’t sign into my accounts on the...
  7. When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect...: When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect to Xbox live and won’t download my profile to allow me to play online what do I do?...
  8. Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?: Good day everyone, every time I try to run a BC game on my Xbox one and try to connect to live it tells me that there’s troubleshooting, I’ve tried every solution, power cycling, manual ip...
  9. can’t connect to multiplayer games on farming simulator 22. When he gets to the join...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can’t connect to multiplayer games on farming simulator 22. When he gets to the join...: Help please. Can’t connect to multiplayer. Red exclamation mark inside red circle for every game. What is wrong?? TIA 94e487de-5328-4b23-b985-c1e83bd91752
  10. Hey I can’t connect to the Xbox cloud to play any games. Is anyone else experiencing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I can’t connect to the Xbox cloud to play any games. Is anyone else experiencing...: Was working fine a while yesterday Just all off a sudden stopped efcf4203-daef-48dd-a076-13f535a44337