Cant connect to friend and we both have an Open Nat Type.

Discus and support Cant connect to friend and we both have an Open Nat Type. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can connect to the majority of my friends except the one i play with the most. We both have open nat types but we simply cannot connect. We always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Slidez, May 30, 2017.

1. Mr Slidez
    Mr Slidez Guest

I can connect to the majority of my friends except the one i play with the most. We both have open nat types but we simply cannot connect. We always need a third party to connect. What is that? and how do we fix it?

:)

Mr Slidez, May 30, 2017
  2. help

im wondering why cant i connect to my friends party or game we both have open Nat Type

smith juice12, May 30, 2017
  3. An Xbox Dude
    An Xbox Dude Guest
    Can't join only one friend's party chats

Me and one of my friends cannot connect to each other via party chats or game invites. This only happens with this one friend. I can't seem to figure out why this is. We can both connect to our other friends just fine. We are both on wireless connections
    and I have a open NAT type and he has a Open NAT type. Help me?

An Xbox Dude, May 30, 2017
  4. Cant connect to friend and we both have an Open Nat Type.

Hey there, Slidez!

Sorry to see any connection issues with a friend! This sounds particularly like you guys are in the same city/neighborhood with the same ISP trying to connect up. If this is the case, then what you are running into is a situation where Xbox Live believes
    you guys to be coming from the same public IP address, likely with the same internal IP addresses (during the actual NAT process), and it creates a weird issue where you can't connect up to each other. It's more common than you would think, too.

The only way we know how to fix this, minus the workaround you've discovered, is by calling up your ISP and having them give one of you a static IP address. Most ISPs won't do it for residential accounts, though.

You can give it a shot! Let me know how it goes. I'm happy to address any other concerns you might have with this. Cant connect to friend and we both have an Open Nat Type. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, May 31, 2017
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Slidez!

Sorry to see any connection issues with a friend! This sounds particularly like you guys are in the same city/neighborhood with the same ISP trying to connect up. If this is the case, then what you are running into is a situation where Xbox Live believes
    you guys to be coming from the same public IP address, likely with the same internal IP addresses (during the actual NAT process), and it creates a weird issue where you can't connect up to each other. It's more common than you would think, too.

The only way we know how to fix this, minus the workaround you've discovered, is by calling up your ISP and having them give one of you a static IP address. Most ISPs won't do it for residential accounts, though.

You can give it a shot! Let me know how it goes. I'm happy to address any other concerns you might have with this. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. ianLynch4 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 multiplayer issue

Hi Josef,

Both removed and re-added as friends.

Privacy settings are all good.

We are not on same network, both have fibre internet connections with good connectivity though.

NAT type is open for both of us.

Thanks
  7. CobbFC09 Win User

Problem connecting to friend (we both have open NAT)

@Antillion - I'm not sure what my friend has, but I'll ask him. My ISP is Comcast Cable. We do live close to each other though. I'd said it's about a 10 minute drive to his house from mine.

@de manace - My firmware is up to date and UPnP is enabled.
  8. Antillion Win User

What does your friend have? - InvisiNAT usually shows up when there is a gateway involved - which is basically a modem that has routing software.

Additionally who is your Internet Service Provider? Sometimes if on their end you guys are routed from the same servers they won't connect you directly to each other, it's wierd but happens so if you guys live close to each other this could be a limitation
    on the ISP end. Though if this is the case you would have to have the same ISP.
  9. demenace Win User

Some modem and router combinations can cause this issue. The xbox reports an Open NAT, when the NAT is not really open.

What is the make and model of your modem, and your router?
Thema:

1. Cant connect to friend and we both have an Open Nat Type. - Similar Threads - Cant connect friend

2. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  3. I cant connect to the xbox live when i open a game on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant connect to the xbox live when i open a game on pc: I try to uninstall the xbox application, reboot pc, reconnect my account, nothing work d330181c-e4b5-4980-9aaf-1be879184d0f
  4. I cant join my friend in astroneer it keeps saying "cant connect to host"

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant join my friend in astroneer it keeps saying "cant connect to host": My friend's nat type is open and he has restarted his router 944d153f-c73d-4777-a9de-a4073bef4689
  5. i cant connect to the friend world in minecraft bedrock edition( my english was very bad...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant connect to the friend world in minecraft bedrock edition( my english was very bad...: i can't enter friends world in mcpe . i bought in microsoft store. we use the same version (I can access the server but I can't access your world). it says ''unable to connect world'' we have...
  6. Cant connect to friend, both of us see eachother as offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant connect to friend, both of us see eachother as offline: Me and my friend use Bedrock Minecraft. He plays on the playstation, i play on my iPad. We see eachother as offline, even though we’re clearly not. We both have confirmed that we dont have the...
  7. Cant Connect to 1 specific friend for multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant Connect to 1 specific friend for multiplayer: So about a year ago this issue started with one specific friend of mine on xbox, to where we try to join each other on any given game and it just does not work, we dont get error codes, we simply...
  8. Cant connect to my friend on black ops 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to my friend on black ops 4: I got black ops 4 the other day, and I invited my friend to a game, but its not allowing us to connect to each other. It turns out we both game moderate nat type ONLY on black ops 4 network...
  9. i cant connect to one friend but can connect to everyone else

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant connect to one friend but can connect to everyone else: I cant connect to one of my friends but all my other friend I can connect to all parties and games ccc9f921-f0ac-4129-b270-fac98dce11e2
  10. Need help cant connect to friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help cant connect to friend: So I've gotten COD Ghosts for the xbox one to play with my friend but we can't connect to each other. Both our NAT is open and reset it a few times and still couldn't connect. We've tried other...