Can't connect to DHCP, have tried everything. DNS is weird

Discus and support Can't connect to DHCP, have tried everything. DNS is weird in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Haven't been able to connect to XBL for about a week now. I have an Actiontec GT784WN Modem and an Apple Time Machine Router. The Xbox One Advanced... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Overlord Shretn, May 10, 2014.

1. Can't connect to DHCP, have tried everything. DNS is weird

Haven't been able to connect to XBL for about a week now. I have an Actiontec GT784WN Modem and an Apple Time Machine Router. The Xbox One Advanced Settings Statisitics are as shown below. Any help would be greatly apprecciated.

IP Address: 169.254.59.12

Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

Gateway: 0.0.0.0

Primary DNS: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

Secondary DNS: fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

Wireless MAC: 28-18-78-EA-48-5F

Wired MAC: 28-18-78-EA-48-61

:)

Overlord Shretn, May 10, 2014
  2. Can't connect to Live

I have done everything. I have entered my DNS server numbers. I have restarted everything possible. When i test it I can connect to the network but I can't connect to the internet. Phone company said the dns server nnumbers i have are the only ones they
    have. Tried connecting straight into modem. I have no options left? HELP

LengthyTugBoat6, May 10, 2014
  3. DNS problems on one xbox the other one works. :S

I have 2 xbox's one xbox works fine and the other one just can't connect to Xbox Live.

Now i spent the whole day googling and stuff to find a solution.

Iliterally tried/done everything:

Upnp enabled

ports forwarded

modem reset unplugging etc

manual dns settings

reset modem/xbox

initial setup

restore fabric defaults

etcetc

Just everything

It's really weird coz my other xbox connects just fine to xbox live with the same dns settings etc.

The problems seems to be something with the xbox360 can someone help me please?

ReadingVermin7, May 10, 2014
  4. DaftAtom
    DaftAtom Guest

I have the same problem and i even made a thread about it but i am still waiting for a good response (thanks to the people that replied) its really annoying because my 360 does not have this problem. "Cannot connect to DHCP server" but it works after i unplug
    the router for 5 mins and power cycle the console, works untill i turn it off, then i have to repeat the steps all over again when i turn it back on just to play on the one.

anyone?

DaftAtom, May 10, 2014
  5. LoneGnome
    LoneGnome Guest
    I just hit this as well. I ended up using wireless for now but I'm on an email thread with some of the networking devs and I'll see what they can do. I'll bump the thread when I know more.

LoneGnome, May 11, 2014
  6. DaftAtom
    DaftAtom Guest
    Thanks for the replay

Sorry for hijacking your thread Zetsy but mine seems to be dead

Its a big problem and i really cant be bothered unpluging my modem and power cyclying my console and waiting 5-10 mins just to use the xbox one.

DaftAtom, May 11, 2014
  7. so I just had the same issue. it seems to be the simple things that we all forget about. so I'm using an apple airport for wireless and apparently all that needed to be done is this-during my power cycle I unplug the apple airport as well as a router for
    a minute if you have one and you should be all good to go when you start back up the X-bone . I hope it helps...

Sincerely, finallybackonxboxlive

Anthony2015-49E6C38C-2925-4D39-9979-C7A75D176032, Sep 2, 2014
  8. exikluk
    exikluk Guest

You probably already solved it , but I think the solution is to assing a static ip to your xbox one. It's not a permanent solution though I did it last year when this happened and today the same problem happened but since I had a static ip it started telling
    me that it could not resolve DNS of the xbox server (which was weird) so I changed it again to automatic and I saw those same weird DNS again and I knew what I had to do so I disconnected the modem from the power source (turning it off does not work) and
    it started working again.

But Now I have to assing a static Ip and I don't remember how to do that... I remember I had to call my ISP to help me with that ***...

exikluk, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Hey there exikluk!

If the issue is continuing to occur, please go ahead and create a new thread. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in
    advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: