Can’t connect to DCHP server

Discus and support Can’t connect to DCHP server in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive been trying to fix this issue for a few days now and nothing seems to work. I use wired connection from a TP link wifi range extender and I keep... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sean Le, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Sean Le
    Sean Le Guest

Ive been trying to fix this issue for a few days now and nothing seems to work. I use wired connection from a TP link wifi range extender and I keep getting the same message on my Xbox saying that it cant connect to DCHP server. The router that its extending
    from is new and when I connect to the routers network it works but its far and I cant get a good singal. My extender works with other devices but not my Xbox. Ive tried restarting, reseting, unpluging the extender and router, power cycling, clearing mac adress
    and nothing works. Also my gateway is 0.0.0.0 and it dosent display a DHS server in my advanced settings. How do I fix this?

:)

Sean Le, Jan 15, 2021
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

G'day
    Sean Le

There are some useful steps to take outlined in Xbox one wired connection support page.

Step 1 deals with turn power off/on timing when resetting network, consoles, and in your case router and extender.

I find the order when network hardware and devices connecting to them are restarted, matters.
  3. SomtooAkaigwe Win User

My xbox cant connect to the DCHP server

yeah it sees it and connects to it but it gives me a dchp server error message
  4. Bulls3y3Bobby Win User

Xbox one moderate nat

When I turned off the dchp server on the gateway lost the internet connection to the router.
  5. jamesozambi Win User

Wired connection; can't connect to xbox live

My problem with the DNS is that the xbox says it "cannot resolve xbox live servers" when i bridged my connection, my xbox finally connected to the network, on auto and static, but now my DNS is unable to resolve xbox live servers, and i have tried it on
    AUTO, and i've also entered an xbox suggested DNS, no success.

also, i typed ipconfig/all into my computer, and it says my dchp is not enabled, so i went into my connection on my laptop, entered static ip and DNS for it to use, but then my laptop internet stops working. i'm hoping my whole problem might just be this
    dchp thing, but idk how to enable it.
  6. Severian2008 Win User

Dchp error

I am also having this problem now. Previously it was working fine but now it "Can't connect to your DCHP server". I have tried everything on the troubleshooter (including restarting everything multiple times) and no joy.

Weirdly I can get it to connect to my iPhone if I turn that into a hotspot.
Thema:

1. Can’t connect to DCHP server - Similar Threads - Can’t connect DCHP

2. Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...: Been using remote play for a while on my computer to connect to my Xbox series X but the other day it tells me it can’t connect. It is an instant message I get and I have no idea how to solve it....
  3. Can’t connect to parties, can someone help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to parties, can someone help: I can’t cant connect to a party, everytime I join my profile picture goes gray for a second like I’m in game chat, then it says “disconnected” under everyone’s name, then I start connecting and...
  4. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  5. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  6. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  7. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  8. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  9. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  10. “Can’t connect” try your network connection and password and try again”

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t connect” try your network connection and password and try again”: So it’s been about 3 days and whenever I’ve tried to connect to my WiFi it says can’t connect check you network connection and password and try again. I’ve power cycled both my Xbox and router...