Can't connect online, get this error message 'Your DNS servers can't resolve the ...

Discus and support Can't connect online, get this error message 'Your DNS servers can't resolve the ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Connected with my modem directly to my Xbox360 (NO ROUTER), all settings automatic, nothing set to manual. Can't connect to Live, & get this message... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Berserk Gattsu, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Can't connect online, get this error message 'Your DNS servers can't resolve the ...

Connected with my modem directly to my Xbox360 (NO ROUTER), all settings automatic, nothing set to manual.

Can't connect to Live, & get this message when I try testing connection:

"Your DNS servers can't resolve the names of Xbox Live server".

I unplugged the modem & console for a few minutes & re-try, I get the same thing.

Connecting the modem back to my PC & it works perfectly!

This happens randomly! One day I can view Xbox 360 Live normally & another day I get this errors & can't get online at all!

Found a large thread from 2011 with the same problem & it was not solved

Xbox Live (Can't resolve DNS Servers)

Tons of hits on search engines with the exact same problem on Xbox 360, dating back years & years, BUT ABSOLUTELY NO SOLUTIONS IN ANY OF THEM!

SUMMARY:

-Modem & cables are work fine on the PC & are not the problem.

-Doesn't work on Xbox360.

-Some days it works, some days it doesn't, no rhyme or reason behind it.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

:)

Berserk Gattsu, Jul 9, 2014
  2. iStr8xLegit
    iStr8xLegit Guest
    Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"

iStr8xLegit, Jul 9, 2014
  3. BT Home Hub and Xbox Live

My Xbox hasn't got built in wifi, which is why I'm using an ethernet cable.

I'm getting the error "your dns server can't resolve xbox live server names".

My xbox connects to the network but not the internet.

And I have tried setting Googles DNS servers and the OpenDNS servers, which resulted in it not even connecting to the network

Player867070838, Jul 9, 2014
  4. Can't connect online, get this error message 'Your DNS servers can't resolve the ...

You can lookup on Xbox Live-Status there you can see if it depens on XBLIVE Service...

In Advanced Network Settings set it to Manual and save.

Set it back to automatic does fix it the most time in my cases..

Ask your ISP, Controll your local Network..

The Problem is perhaps on your Network side... It is not always XBox whos fold..

perhaps you Need a new Router...

Ask your local Internet Provider, do notes when it not works (date and time) MAke a Sppedtest note the summary, try to get another modem...

Bhutankam Pema, Jul 9, 2014
  5. Player867070838 Win User

BT Home Hub and Xbox Live

My Xbox hasn't got built in wifi, which is why I'm using an ethernet cable.

I'm getting the error "your dns server can't resolve xbox live server names".

My xbox connects to the network but not the internet.

And I have tried setting Googles DNS servers and the OpenDNS servers, which resulted in it not even connecting to the network
  6. BGBDWLF631 Win User

2Wire: Server down again!

I can't connect to the Xbox servers either, keep thinking its something wrong with my Xbox. Are you getting the "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names" message too?
  7. Mister Fitzer Win User

Your DNS server can't resolve....

Hey mate, very sorry for missing this thread. Are you still having this issue? From what you've tried, it looks like the issue is with the router itself (and for the record, I don't know of any modems that broadcast a wireless signal). At this point, I recommend
    trying a different router, or contacting the router manufacturer for help resolving the issue (as it disappears when the router is taken out of the mix). Please let me know if you have any more questions.
  8. GMAN990 Win User

Hi,

So you are saying your PC connects to your modem with what a USB cable or Ethernet cable? And then from your PC is an Ethernet cable to your router is that right? If so that's a very strange set
  9. Dieinthedark93 Win User

Mister Fitzer please help me. I can't post in a sticky thread.
Thema:

Can't connect online, get this error message 'Your DNS servers can't resolve the ...

1. Can't connect online, get this error message 'Your DNS servers can't resolve the ... - Similar Threads - Can't connect online

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  4. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  5. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  6. I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what: I've tried both wi-fi and ethernet both at my own place and someone else's and it won't connect. I need it to connect so I can download an update for a game. c6499c00-7999-466a-887e-f231bb65e5de
  7. Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online: My microsoft account linked to my PSN account was accidentally deleted awhile ago and I haven been able to play minecraft online for a long time and there's no way to link a new one I don't know...
  8. Can't connect to Xbox online services on my Xbox Series S and One s. Can anyone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to Xbox online services on my Xbox Series S and One s. Can anyone help?: As of October 26th at about 6:00 p.m. CST, I have not been able to access the Xbox network on either my Xbox series s or Xbox One S consoles. My series console is having issues updating as it...
  9. I can't connect to online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to online: When i try to connect to online it tells me that im unable to connect to live configuration servers. Then it shows me the diagnostics that are: Failed (0x89235108) Quality of connection: Failed...
  10. Why can't my xbox connect to online servers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my xbox connect to online servers?: So my xbox says I'm connected to wifi but when I try to play anything it says I'm offline. I've done every test, the network test says I'm 'all good' and the NAT type test says I'm on strict?...