Can't connect my xbox one to a wired connection. NAT: strict and can't find IP address

Discus and support Can't connect my xbox one to a wired connection. NAT: strict and can't find IP address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Just moved back to college and can;t reconnect by box to the school's wifi through an ethernet cord. It says that the NAT is strict and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DKhockey18, Aug 30, 2015.

1. DKhockey18
    DKhockey18 Guest

Can't connect my xbox one to a wired connection. NAT: strict and can't find IP address

Hey everyone,

Just moved back to college and can;t reconnect by box to the school's wifi through an ethernet cord. It says that the NAT is strict and that it can't find an IP address even though it registers that an ethernet cord is plugged in. Any tips here would be
    huge thanks.

-DK

:)

DKhockey18, Aug 30, 2015
  2. Can't connect to live - Can't find IP Address

Hi I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to connect my xbox to live.

When I try I get a message saying that the Xbox can't get an IP address. If I back out of that it says the Nat type is strict. I have had the strict nat type issue before and fixed it using the online guides but haven't come across the can't find an ip address
    issue before.

I have no issues with my laptop or phone connecting. I also tried to connect my xbox to my phone and it came up with the same thing. I can't find any solution online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

JeffreyJames188, Aug 30, 2015
  3. TO0ms
    TO0ms Guest
    Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error testing multiplayer connection.

Yes, NAT type shows strict and testing the multiplayer connection yields this error: 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'

TO0ms, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Can't connect my xbox one to a wired connection. NAT: strict and can't find IP address

Hello

You most likely have a static IP set up on your Xbox.

You can set it to automatic by following these steps

When on the home screen press the menu button -> Settings -> Network -> Advanced Settings ->IP Settings ->Automatic

Now your Xbox will automatically pick an available IP. However since you're at college I doubt you'll be able to get an Open NAT since there is a huge amount of devices connected and changing network settings is not available because it's college property.
    You can always try and ask the IT department if anything is possible to either set your Xbox on a DMZ connection or to open ports for your device.

FearedNightmare, Aug 31, 2015
  5. TO0ms Win User

Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error testing multiplayer connection.

Yes, NAT type shows strict and testing the multiplayer connection yields this error: 'Can't get a Teredo IP address'
  6. BattleYak Win User

start here

Connection test works. It's connected fine. Then I go to multiplayer test and get an error "Can't get Teredo IP address"

Details as to my config.

Cable goes to Arris modem.

Arris modem is set to bridge mode.

Arris modem connected via ethernet to Apple airport extreme, which acts as wifi router for my house.

airport extreme ALSO has an ethernet cable connected directly to the xbox one.

But I'm still getting strict nat.

Plus the "can't get teredo IP" error.
  7. Faded White041 Win User

Two Consoles Same Network, both have open NAT?? Am I missing something?

The wired console can't connect to DHCP and has a strict NAT

The wireless console is fine, open NAT.
  8. brydgesr Win User

NAT Type: Strict

Had the same issue with strict NAT, I fixed it when I switched to a wired connection and set a static IP address for the xbox one. I have an asus router RT N-66U with DDWRT cfw running uPNP.
  9. LordKillerDNA Win User

"Unable to join platoon. It may be full or disbanded."

most likely due to strict NAT issues.

I never had a problem until I had to change my connected IP from my xbox which gives my ethernet a strict NAT for some reason. When that happens I sometimes can't connect to people's platoons or parties unless there is someone else hosting it.
Thema:

1. Can't connect my xbox one to a wired connection. NAT: strict and can't find IP address - Similar Threads - Can't connect wired

2. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  3. I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. Shows the nat to be unavailable...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. Shows the nat to be unavailable...: I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. The Nat shows unavailable & I get the teredo ip error 21f507f9-e536-4775-8849-ccecd135d80c
  4. Can't connect to any game servers on my pc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to any game servers on my pc.: Hello. First of i don't know if it is related, but it made me a bit suspicious. Yesterday on the 23/2-2024 I installed some new updates from windows/microsoft. KB5034765 and KB5034467. All of a...
  5. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  6. I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    I try to connect to my hotspot but I can't, I get a NAT Type unavailable: My Xboxone does not connect to my hotspot f65ed451-7c39-4bc0-8ab7-256624fc8e71
  7. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  8. Xbox one can't connect to router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one can't connect to router: Is my console too old already? Trying to connect to wifi. No success. Xbox informing me that security protocol of my router is not supported. What to do? New console or there is a soution?...
  9. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  10. Testing wired connection: Can't connect to your DHCP server.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Testing wired connection: Can't connect to your DHCP server.: I just bought a Netgear 5 port gigbit switch in hopes of wiring my Xbox series S. I could only hard-line into the router itself on the first port of the router. When we bought EERO wifi extenders...