Can't configure external flash drive

Discus and support Can't configure external flash drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought the official xbox 360 flash drive (sandisk, 16GB) and when I insert it in, it recognizes it as external memory but all the configure options... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YLIME1219, Jan 28, 2014.

1. YLIME1219
    YLIME1219 Guest

I bought the official xbox 360 flash drive (sandisk, 16GB) and when I insert it in, it recognizes it as external memory but all the configure options are greyed out. (Should be pre-configured though.) Anyway, before playing a game I get a popup saying I
    need memory to save the game but I can't select that memory stick at all.. (Right now using a ghetto setup with a 16GB SD card in a USB card reader that when plugged into the xbox works fine)

I'm stumped here, can anyone help?

(Also I can't format it on my laptop)

:)

YLIME1219, Jan 28, 2014
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    is a SanDisk Cruzer Edge 16GB USB Flash Drive compatible with an xbox 360?

Hi, did you configure the flash drive on the console, settings, system, storage, select the flash drive and configure.

EggsBoxJuan, Jan 28, 2014
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    need more disk space for downloading games

Hi, if you do buy an external hard drive of that size you can still only configure 32GB for xbox storage. I would recommend you buy an official Xbox hard drive or a USB flash drive no larger than 32GB.

EggsBoxJuan, Jan 28, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: