Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated ...

Discus and support Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I try to sign into live, and a message comes up saying "Your account needs to be more secure. This is the only way we can send you security codes:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CopperKitten420, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated ...

I try to sign into live, and a message comes up saying "Your account needs to be more secure. This is the only way we can send you security codes: (then it has my cell number listed) then it askes if i can get messages there. if i click yes, it says " already
    on your account. pick which one to set up next" then i have to pick between email, text or phone call.... now mind u... i have set up every single one of these... they even called n gave me a code. i put the code in... and still... these same messages come
    up... i have tried hitting the back button then signing in... ive tried signing out and resetting the xbox... ive tried EVERYTHING!!! im tired of payin good money for this ***... and alwats havin issues with it!!! I NEVER had issues with my old playstaions
    or nintendos!!!!! UGH!!!! HELP PLZZZZZZ

:)

CopperKitten420, Nov 30, 2014
  2. headset problem

PLZ HELP

JonathanGarcia6, Nov 30, 2014
  3. nuhas_angel
    nuhas_angel Guest
    hi

cant conect to my modum saying cant find ip address i even called my provider and they said its my exbox plz help

nuhas_angel, Nov 30, 2014
  4. Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated ...

get the code through your email then if it dont work contact microsoft support

WickederPhoenix, Nov 30, 2014
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    [quote user="CopperKitten420"]I try to sign into live, and a message comes up saying "Your account needs to be more secure. ... ive tried EVERYTHING!!! im tired of payin good money for this ***... and alwats havin issues with it!!! I NEVER had issues with
    my old playstaions or nintendos!!!!! U[/quote]

The reason Xbox asks to make your account more secure, is because in the past scammers tried to steal people's passwords and logins to buy FIFA points and other expensive stuff.

Therefore they once ask for a security code that is sent to a SECOND means of contact (e.g. a text message to a phone, or an email to a second address). A thief that got hold of your account would also have to steal your phone or also hack into your email
    at the same time to successfully hijack your account.

If you however have issues with codes being sent to your mobile phone or email, there is a great way to get a secure code if you own a smartphone (for example Windows Phone, Apple iOS device or Android).

In order to get rid of the "make your account more secure" message, do the following:

Download the free apps for your phone: Google Authenticator for
    Apple iOS
    or
    Android
    . Or if you use a Windows Phone get the free
    Microsoft Authenticator

After you properly installed your Apps, go to the
    site for account security

There set up two step verification with the Authenticator App.

IMPORTANT!!

After you set up two step verification, you will need to create a so called "App Password" on that website, and on your Xbox 360 use THAT app password instead of your regular password and DOWNLOAD YOUR PROFILE!

After you properly re-downloaded your profile to your console, you shouldn't be asked to make your account more secure.

Arminator, Nov 30, 2014
  6. TimBrown957
    TimBrown957 Guest
    This advice is worthless, because most of us do not have a smartphone.

TimBrown957, Feb 25, 2015
  7. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Well, if you don't have a Smartphone, Two Step Verification also works via text messages to a standard cell phone, an automated call to a normal phone with a female robotic voice telling you the code, or a second email address, where the code is sent to.

Arminator, Feb 25, 2015
  8. Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated ...

Hey, guys! This thread is a bit old. If Arminator's advice doesn't help make your account secure, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support
    that works best on the forums. Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?!  plz help... very irritated ... :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Arminator Win User

Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated here...

[quote user="CopperKitten420"]I try to sign into live, and a message comes up saying "Your account needs to be more secure. ... ive tried EVERYTHING!!! im tired of payin good money for this ***... and alwats havin issues with it!!! I NEVER had issues with
    my old playstaions or nintendos!!!!! U[/quote]

The reason Xbox asks to make your account more secure, is because in the past scammers tried to steal people's passwords and logins to buy FIFA points and other expensive stuff.

Therefore they once ask for a security code that is sent to a SECOND means of contact (e.g. a text message to a phone, or an email to a second address). A thief that got hold of your account would also have to steal your phone or also hack into your email
    at the same time to successfully hijack your account.

If you however have issues with codes being sent to your mobile phone or email, there is a great way to get a secure code if you own a smartphone (for example Windows Phone, Apple iOS device or Android).

In order to get rid of the "make your account more secure" message, do the following:

Download the free apps for your phone: Google Authenticator for
    Apple iOS
    or
    Android
    . Or if you use a Windows Phone get the free
    Microsoft Authenticator

After you properly installed your Apps, go to the
    site for account security

There set up two step verification with the Authenticator App.

IMPORTANT!!

After you set up two step verification, you will need to create a so called "App Password" on that website, and on your Xbox 360 use THAT app password instead of your regular password and DOWNLOAD YOUR PROFILE!

After you properly re-downloaded your profile to your console, you shouldn't be asked to make your account more secure.
  10. WickederPhoenix Win User

Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated here...

get the code through your email then if it dont work contact microsoft support
  11. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, guys! This thread is a bit old. If Arminator's advice doesn't help make your account secure, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support
    that works best on the forums. :)
  12. Arminator Win User

Well, if you don't have a Smartphone, Two Step Verification also works via text messages to a standard cell phone, an automated call to a normal phone with a female robotic voice telling you the code, or a second email address, where the code is sent to.
  13. TimBrown957 Win User

This advice is worthless, because most of us do not have a smartphone.
Thema:

Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated ...

1. Cant conect to Live,it says im not "secure" enough?! plz help... very irritated ... - Similar Threads - Cant conect Live

2. I cant conect my g29 to forza horizon 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant conect my g29 to forza horizon 4: When i go to settings in fh4 i only see keyboard and controller i cant see wheel bc21e015-3bcc-47b5-8870-c41456984ef4
  3. Minecraft bedrock cant conect to Galaxite server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock cant conect to Galaxite server: Hello,i am playing on Minecraft bedrock edition. For more than 3 weeks now i cant play on Galaxite server. When i try to join it loads for some time and then disconnects.It says (disconnected from...
  4. My Xbox cant conect to the internet but my router is working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox cant conect to the internet but my router is working: Hello, today I opened my xbox and it said it wasnt conected to the internet but my router was working. I tried to play fortnite but it didnt let me so when I tried to play rocket league it let me...
  5. i cant conect to my others acount in xbox live on windows 10, all my others acount deleted...

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant conect to my others acount in xbox live on windows 10, all my others acount deleted...: i cant conect to my others acount in xbox live on windows 10, all my others acount deleted from the xbox live and i dont remember all the detiles of them, can you help me fix this problem?...
  6. I WANT TO PLAY WITH A WIRELESS MOUSE AND I CANT CONECT IT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I WANT TO PLAY WITH A WIRELESS MOUSE AND I CANT CONECT IT: I WANT TO PLAY WITH A WIRELESS MOUSE AND I CANT CONECT IT cf0bf4dc-5a59-42fa-9b01-565d212b01bb
  7. I WANT TO PLAY WITH A WIRELESS MOUSE AND I CANT CONECT IT

in XBoX on Consoles
    I WANT TO PLAY WITH A WIRELESS MOUSE AND I CANT CONECT IT: I WANT TO PLAY WITH A WIRELESS MOUSE AND I CANT CONECT IT cf0bf4dc-5a59-42fa-9b01-565d212b01bb
  8. cant conect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant conect to xbox live: live in Shreveport, LA I have a 2-wire/PACE 503INV wireless router/modem I have one controller connected to router I'm on ATT UVerse following are error status report W:0000-0021 X:0000-F001...
  9. Cant conect to xbox live says high packet loss WTF

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant conect to xbox live says high packet loss WTF: Sick and tired of *** xbox one issues fix your *** problems we pay way to much money for a piece of *** console. It always somthing with xbox one .....FIX THIS ***...
  10. cant conect in to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant conect in to xbox live: Hi I can not conecte me on xbox live it says all the time that there is a problem with the service what service? I have paid gold membership on the xbox 1 year can you have a USB drive on 64 mgb...