Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong

Discus and support Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I'm trying to set my Xbox One as a home Xbox, away from my other Xbox. When I tick the Change box it does something then unticks it. The page says... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrewGough2, Sep 2, 2023.

1. AndrewGough2
    AndrewGough2 Guest

Hi

I'm trying to set my Xbox One as a home Xbox, away from my other Xbox. When I tick the Change box it does something then unticks it. The page says that I have 0 of 5 switches left, but I dispute the correctness of that as I have no memory of changing it since the purchase of my other Xbox in December 2021, and certainly I haven't been switching back and forth during the last year.

What am I missing? Is there a way to see when I switched or see when a year will have passed since the oldest switch?

Thanks!

A

:)

AndrewGough2, Sep 2, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello AndrewGough2!

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble changing your Xbox to Home Xbox. The number of switches left is based on the number of times you've changed your Home Xbox in the past year. If you believe that the number of switches left is incorrect, you can contact Xbox Support for assistance. They will be able to look into your account and provide you with more information on your Home Xbox settings. You can reach Xbox Live Support by following the guide below.

Please also see: How home Xbox and game sharing work | Xbox Support

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. dragonemperor34 Win User

My home Xbox

The only way to get more home Xbox switches is by selecting it on the Xbox you want to set as home Xbox, selecting help, and you may get the chance to do a survey for an extra home Xbox change. Xbox support members no longer can reset the number of home
    Xbox changes.

I have to say- Home Xbox is not for game sharing with people from other households, and doing so is against terms of service
  4. ChrisMcCall2 Win User

Home xbox security flaw

Thanks SamQY, I have explained to him what he's done wrong and why it's wrong, if the "system" gave me a notice when he wanted to change the "home xbox" setting I could have then at that moment explained his wrong doings.

I just think that a setting like switching the home xbox should be a parent setting when there's a child account involved.
  5. BadderAzzod Win User

Home Xbox

I can't change my home Xbox.
    Same i have 1 left i just get a cant save changes mess

agey
  6. Smwutches Win User

I bought a used XBOX Series X from the pawn shop and I CHECKED THE FULL LIBRARY OF THE GAMES AND LONG BEHOLD!!!!! THERE WAS OVER 600+ GAMES READY FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY

That means the previous owner left the console as their Home. Their accounts doesn't have to be there for that. You will lose the games if they do change their Home or you switch consoles.
Thema:

1. Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong - Similar Threads - Can't change Home

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  8. Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...: I have acer aspire 3 laptop 5b31e84c-0fe8-43c3-9772-b5fb3577c8ed
  9. I can't change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my gamertag: I tried to change my gamertag but when I get in a game It is the same name I had before 212f779c-1e4d-4faf-9c99-230f501ebb1b
  10. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...