Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

Discus and support Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ronan Adrianto, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia.

I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work for me.

I have never changed my region/country before so I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to.

I have tried changing the locale option on the bottom left to Indonesia, however, it keeps on reverting back to the US, furthermore, I tried inputting id-ID like this (https://social.xbox.com/id-ID/changegamertag) and it managed to stay however when I proceed it gives this:

Try that again

Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.

Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.

App-InvalidOrderData

ntxrxERqEtu6Ck3NCk9fJ9.4

Hopefully, someone knows of a way to get past this.

:)

Ronan Adrianto, Jun 7, 2023
  2. CaptSnffls Win User

Hello, thank you for your reply! However I have already fixed the issue with help from support.

That said, you are completely right. This was indeed the fix for my problem.

Good day!
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi CaptSnffls, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

When you sign in to https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag make sure that your locale is set to Denmark.

[​IMG]
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Ronan! Sorry to hear about that. Let's do our best to sort this out.

First, be sure to check your account region from https://account.microsoft.com > Your info. It has to be set correctly in Indonesia. Then go to your billing information to match your details by going to https://account.microsoft.com > Payment & billing > Address book.

Your payment method as well must be issued in the same country.

I also suggest that you try a different device and different internet browser in trying to change your gamertag. If you use a VPN, please disconnect it.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Battlefield Bad Company 2

What do you mean switched your location? Do mean changing the location on your console? If so, that's not what we mean.

Your region (country) that your gamertag is set to must match the region (country) that you physically live in.

This means that because you live in Sweden your gamertag must be set to Sweden as well. If it is set for another country (eg. US) then you must change the region of your gamertag using the steps at the link below to match.

support.xbox.com/.../change-region
  6. FenixRevil Win User

Why I can't change my gamertag??

you can change the gamertag from any country, if you can't try to change regions, and if the problem continues then the ideal is to ask for help from xbox technical support
Thema:

1. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live. - Similar Threads - Can't Change region

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  8. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...
  9. Why can't change region and date birth

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't change region and date birth: I set my birth date to 2016 by false and now can't change anything like region and date birth Anyone help please 71b7d44a-c6e9-4e55-9748-7752190a359c
  10. I am from srilanka.i can't change my region to srilanka because it is not at list

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am from srilanka.i can't change my region to srilanka because it is not at list: I am from srilanka.i can't change my region to srilanka Because it is not available on Xbox region 1dd56a7b-9b06-45e4-a2c3-29e1524df21d