Cant change my switch minecraft account and privacy settings.

Discus and support Cant change my switch minecraft account and privacy settings. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an account on Minecraft ( Switch Edition ), i try to play in servers or with my friends/find friends it says you cant do this because of the way... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by #SwitchGirl123, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Cant change my switch minecraft account and privacy settings.

I have an account on Minecraft ( Switch Edition ), i try to play in servers or with my friends/find friends it says you cant do this because of the way your account is set up. I google its option to fix the problem but they are
    all related to they Xbox. I continue ask google and my family but nothing I get as a response works. I play on the Switch.

:)

#SwitchGirl123, Jun 20, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Switchgirl,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Sounds like the cross play is not enabled in settings, were you able to look at the
    privacy and online settings? We will give you the
    steps to change the exact ones for the cross platform use.

1. You will go to the Xbox websiteand sign in.

2. Click on privacy settings.

3. Once in settings, under the picture see Privacy, Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety. Select the Xbox one/Windows 10 online safety.

4. You will see you gamertag you are looking for one setting:

5. The two you want to make sure say allow and everybody are:
      1. "you can play with people outside of Xbox live" set to allow

2. Now click on privacy you are looking for one setting:

"you can communicate outside of Xbox live with voice and text" set to allow

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. Elko992 Win User

Minecraft Realms Privacy Settings

As far as i know an Xbox Live account (Gamertag) is required for minecraft on the nintendo switch. To change the
    privacy settings i recommend this guide:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety

No Xbox One is needed to change the
    privacy settings. This can also be done on Xbox.com

i hope this will solve your problem!
  4. LucasLukassen Win User

Minecraft Privacy & Online Settings

Hello I am experiencing this problem with Minecraft im trying to join my friends realms but it said you cannot play minecraft realms because of how your account is set up. You can change your privacy and online settings in aka.ms/account settings
    but it never works i cant find privacy settings anywhere it sends me to xbox support everytime. Please help
    i cant join my friends and i cant go online:(
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Minecraft Realms Nintendo Switch

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with Minecraft Realms on the Nintendo Switch. Based on the message you received, it may be possible that your account doesn't have the correct permissions to access online multiplayer across different
    devices.

Is your account a child or adult account? Players under 13 years old will have online multiplayer disabled by default with Minecraft and
    won’t be able to join Realms or servers unless a parent changes their account settings.
    For help with changing these account settings, you will need to change your
    Privacy and Online settings of the Xbox Live account.

For further information on this and other information related to Minecraft Realms or Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch, I recommend the following support articles:

Minecraft Realms

Minecraft for Nintendo Switch FAQ

I hope that this information helps out!
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Minecraft realms

Hello, MadiRyder. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Did you set your permissions on your Xbox account to be able to do it?

To change your Xbox account privacy settings, sign in to the privacy & online safety page:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

Set all the settings to "Allow" or "Everyone" on the three tabs:

Privacy;

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & Windows 10 Online Security;

Xbox 360 Online Security;

If you’re on a child account, you’ll need an adult in your family to sign in to their Microsoft account to change your privacy settings. This is done through the Family settings.

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

Even though you will be playing Minecraft on Nintendo Switch, it will still use your Microsoft/Xbox privacy settings, since you sign in to Minecraft with your Microsoft/Xbox account.
Thema:

1. Cant change my switch minecraft account and privacy settings. - Similar Threads - Cant change switch

2. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  3. My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...: i got home from school and wanted to play games and saw that i couldn’t log in i tried everything and still nothing worked 3a48f0a3-a93d-464a-91e7-06d6ff615d3a
  4. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  5. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  6. cant get on xbox to security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant get on xbox to security info change?: it said it would not affect my ability to use xbox live :( so when i log in on xbox one i get a pop up saying "Did you request a security info change?" and yes i did due to the phone numberl no...
  7. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  8. Cant change account linked to Playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change account linked to Playstation: My Microsoft account that was linked with my Playstation one got hacked and i ended up just creating a new one but i cant login with the new account because i cant unlink my previous one....
  9. i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in: i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in the email that was used was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** but the...
  10. I cant change my skin on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant change my skin on minecraft: When ever i change my skin on minecraft, it shows sorry something went wrong. I don't know what to do. I tried changing on the website but still cant. Please help me with this. Im running version...