Can't change my privacy settings on my account

Discus and support Can't change my privacy settings on my account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey. When i try to add friends on my xbox account i get a pop-up window stating that i cannot add friend because of my privacy settings. however i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Alexanderottosson1, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Can't change my privacy settings on my account

Hey.

When i try to add friends on my xbox account i get a pop-up window stating that i cannot add friend because of my privacy settings. however i cannot change my privacy settings because i am on a child account. (the account was made when i was younger). I
    have tried to login with my parents account to change these settings but nothing happens. i have even tried to remove myself from the microsoft family but the problem is still their...

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

:)

Alexanderottosson1, Oct 4, 2018
  2. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to change Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings

You are allowed change the online safety and privacy settings for any profile on your console.

How to change your safety and privacy settings

Steps to follow:

• First, you have to go to the My Account page
    • You need to sing in to your Xbox LIVE account clicking Sing In at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Go to Settings and Preferences and select Privacy and Online Settings.
    • Now change the settings.

How to change your child’s safety and privacy settings

Steps to follow:

• First, you have to go to the My Account page
    • You need to sing in to your Xbox LIVE account clicking Sing In at the upper-right corner of the page.
    • Proceed to Settings and Privacy and press Child.

Note: You’ll be asked for the parental Microsoft account in order to make changes to the child account’s safety settings.
    • Now change the settings.

kevin, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Privacy settings will not save when changed

With my account I want to be able to broadcast, so I go to my Xbox privacy settings, click on "allow" and then clicked "submit". When the page refreshes after hitting submit, it's still set to "block" and will not change. My account is not a child account
    and I'm an adult. I can't change my privacy settings not matter why try.

Microsoft whyyy!!!

Douglas Greep, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Can't change my privacy settings on my account

From your Xbox One console Change privacy and safety settings for you or a child
    1. Sign in to your Xbox. (If you’re changing the settings for a child, sign in using an adult’s account.)
    2. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
    3. Select Settings > All Settings. For your account:
      1. Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
      2. Choose a default, or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.
      For a child’s account:
      1. UnderAccount, select Family.
      2. Enter your password or passkey, and then select the account you want to update.
      3. Select Privacy & online safety, and then choose the default settings, or customize by selecting View details & customize.

BaconisGood53, Oct 4, 2018
  5. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Hello Alexander,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. In addition to the great steps above, there is an option to visit the

Xbox Settings
    website in order to change the privacy settings. Once at the website, select the "Privacy & Online Safety" option. Make sure to update the settings for all platforms. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Oct 7, 2018
  6. skylaar
    skylaar Guest
    Both replies above our great. Personally I use the Xbox website as it was easier to navigate the privacy piece. This was just a personal preference but it was easy to click on your name on the right, then Xbox Settings, and Privacy was one of the main
    options. The friends options was under the tab for Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety at the bottom.

skylaar, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Can't change my privacy settings on my account