Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10

Discus and support Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So recently I bought Minecraft java edition on a mac, but then I downloaded it on my PC any ive already made sure that its the right email and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Airwreck14, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Airwreck14
    Airwreck14 Guest

So recently I bought Minecraft java edition on a mac, but then I downloaded it on my PC any ive already made sure that its the right email and everything but it still tells me that I need to buy mine craft to change my skin even though I already have a
    copy of the game downloaded. please help i really want to redeem windows 10 and change my skin

:)

Airwreck14, Sep 4, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Air,

Thanks for replying. You purchased the Minecraft java edition for mac and PC? You may want to post on the Minecraft forums. There may be a way you have to register the purchase for the Minecraft for Windows 10. You can also check out this

page for redeeming
    and questions on it.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Airwreck14,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In regard to the Minecraft: Java edition, if you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018, can get this edition for free by requesting it from Mojang. If you did
    not, then you would be required to purchase the Minecraft: Windows 10 edition in order to obtain that version of Minecraft & change the skin. Minecraft: Java and the Windows 10 version are 2 separately coded versions of the game.

This article from Mojang Support can help further explain why this is happening:

Mojang Support - Minecraft for Windows 10

I hope that this helps out. Let us know if you have any further questions.
  4. Airwreck14 Win User

No, I made the purchase on the mac and then I set the download for windows 10 and downloaded it on my pc when I got home, and yes its java, i don't have Minecraft for mac, i made the payment on a mac, (i still can't change my skin)

please help thanks-

5. Airwreck14 Win User

Thank you for replying to my question, but what about the skin problem, I have the receipt saved and Minecraft on my pc and still it says "Looks like you don't own Minecraft yet! Buy
    the game here!
    " please help, and yes I'm logged into the right account.

edit: it also says that it sends me a verification code but I never get it is there a way that staff can do this precious manually?
  6. Daniel Limoges Win User

Error message "It looks like you don’t own Minecraft for PC/Mac."

To change your skin in minecraft windows 10 edition, click your character on the main menu. The website you're trying to use is for the original minecraft for pc, or commonly known as java minecraft. Even though both games are minecraft for pc, they are
    totally different products. That explains the error you're receiving; you don't actually own minecraft for pc/mac, you own minecraft for windows 10.
Thema:

1. Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant change Minecraft

2. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  3. My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...: i got home from school and wanted to play games and saw that i couldn’t log in i tried everything and still nothing worked 3a48f0a3-a93d-464a-91e7-06d6ff615d3a
  4. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  5. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  6. cant get on xbox to security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant get on xbox to security info change?: it said it would not affect my ability to use xbox live :( so when i log in on xbox one i get a pop up saying "Did you request a security info change?" and yes i did due to the phone numberl no...
  7. I cant change my skin on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant change my skin on minecraft: When ever i change my skin on minecraft, it shows sorry something went wrong. I don't know what to do. I tried changing on the website but still cant. Please help me with this. Im running version...
  8. I cant change my skin in minecraft PE v1.20.12

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant change my skin in minecraft PE v1.20.12: I downloaded a new skin however whenever i go to 'choose new skin' instead of sending me to my camera roll, the screen just goes grey/dark 74c0a361-96b6-4e34-907d-71fb5e05e6b9
  9. cant change my skin at minecraft pe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant change my skin at minecraft pe: i cant change my skin at minecraft pe,ive checked the skin,its 64x64. but still cant change it. 136ecb0c-62b9-4828-932d-9d7c482f926e
  10. My minecraft username got changed and i cant change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft username got changed and i cant change it back: i was just playing minecraft until y saw my name different, i went to the minecraft website to change it and i couldnt do it help pls d2290e72-b7df-42ee-8d2a-7fc743e972ab