Cant change gamertag

Discus and support Cant change gamertag in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Bought a game yesterday to find out upon launch that I have automatic gamertag. When I tried to change it, it said I have to pay $9.99 to change a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AbioticCookie30, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Cant change gamertag

Bought a game yesterday to find out upon launch that I have automatic gamertag. When I tried to change it, it said I have to pay $9.99 to change a gamertag I didn't choose. So I was wondering if there can be anything done since it does say you can change
    it once for free if your gamertag is automatically generated.

:)

AbioticCookie30, Sep 21, 2018
  2. REACHER
    REACHER Guest
    Need your opinion about a couple of gamer profiles

That's the unfortunate thing about where i live (Australia), you cant buy 800msp on it's own. we only sell 1500msp, 2000msp or 3000msp. 1500msp here cost $25.

REACHER, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Joey Sanders
    Joey Sanders Guest
    Microsoft: Cant Change Gamertag

Microsoft (Routers): Cant Change Gamertag
    Hi

I cant change my gamertag.

Because payment is disabeld on my account.

My parrent can't change the settings.

How can I fix this?

Joey Sanders, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Cant change gamertag

Hi,

I think the enforcement team may have forced changed your gamertag because it violated the CoC, you will not be eligible for a free change if a forced change was made.

Go to this website here:
    Enforcement

to find out.

ISirProdigy007, Sep 21, 2018
  5. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello AbioticCookie30

You do get a free gamertag switch if it is a new account and the gamertag is not one you created.

If your gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox (meaning you did not choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free. Additional Xbox gamertag changes cost extra. If you created your own gamertag at signup and want
    to change it, you will be charged (fee varies by region and currency). copied from
    how to change gamertag .

If was changed by enforcement then yes you would need to pay for another change due to it violated the terms of service.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum team

XBF Brad A, Sep 22, 2018
  6. Could it be possible you have an enforcement name change on your account. If you do you wont get a free change and will need to pay the fee to change it as per the code of conduct

The Viral Cyrix, Sep 22, 2018
  7. If enforcement means that I had an inappropriate username than I don't think so since I never chose an inappropriate gamertag. Or any gamertag as far as I know.

AbioticCookie30, Sep 22, 2018
  8. Cant change gamertag

​Hi Cookie,

As long as the gamertag was not inappropriate, then it is possible to file for a case review. The
    enforcement team
    will review to have the gamertag changed back to the previous one.

Please visit our
    Code of Conduct
    on the enforcement site to view our rules and polices.

I hope this helps

XBF Jasmine Z, Nov 5, 2018
  9. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Cant change gamertag

Could it be possible you have an enforcement name change on your account. If you do you wont get a free change and will need to pay the fee to change it as per the code of conduct
  10. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Cant change gamertag

Hi,

I think the enforcement team may have forced changed your gamertag because it violated the CoC, you will not be eligible for a free change if a forced change was made.

Go to this website here:
    Enforcement

to find out.
  11. Mister Fitzer Win User

cant change gamertag

Hey Smi1e, sorry to hear that! How are you connected to your network currently? Have you tried simplifying your connection at all? You could try connecting directly to the modem, for instance, to see if that allows you to download content. :)
  12. XBF Brad A Win User

Cant change gamertag

Hello AbioticCookie30

You do get a free gamertag switch if it is a new account and the gamertag is not one you created.

If your gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox (meaning you did not choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free. Additional Xbox gamertag changes cost extra. If you created your own gamertag at signup and want
    to change it, you will be charged (fee varies by region and currency). copied from
    how to change gamertag .

If was changed by enforcement then yes you would need to pay for another change due to it violated the terms of service.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum team
  13. Artikuto. Win User

cant change gamertag

It allows me to choose other random names, but i tried it on an old account I have and it says it will work just not sure why it doesnt work with this one. Is it because it’s new account? It feels like a glitch to me because I can look up the gamertag
    and it will say no one has it.
Thema:

Cant change gamertag

1. Cant change gamertag - Similar Threads - Cant change gamertag

2. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  3. My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...: i got home from school and wanted to play games and saw that i couldn’t log in i tried everything and still nothing worked 3a48f0a3-a93d-464a-91e7-06d6ff615d3a
  4. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  5. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  6. cant get on xbox to security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant get on xbox to security info change?: it said it would not affect my ability to use xbox live :( so when i log in on xbox one i get a pop up saying "Did you request a security info change?" and yes i did due to the phone numberl no...
  7. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  8. Cant change account linked to Playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change account linked to Playstation: My Microsoft account that was linked with my Playstation one got hacked and i ended up just creating a new one but i cant login with the new account because i cant unlink my previous one....
  9. i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in: i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in the email that was used was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** but the...
  10. Cant change gamertag to one that I used before

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change gamertag to one that I used before: Ok, so in short I had 2 Microsoft accounts = 2 Xbox accounts. Then I decided to change one of the accounts gamertag to the others, I did this by changing the name of the one with the name I...