Can't change gamertag because the currency is different

Discus and support Can't change gamertag because the currency is different in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to change my gamertag but it only shows in USD and im from Malaysia b229d26b-c1d6-436d-aced-51eb9b14ff45 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AqilGG, Dec 6, 2023.

1. AqilGG
    AqilGG Guest

I want to change my gamertag but it only shows in USD and im from Malaysia

:)

AqilGG, Dec 6, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi AqilGG. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

May I ask what device you are using to change your gamertag?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. onyxishere Win User

Two MS accounts on the same gamertag?

Sorry but currency is limited to the country from which it was purchased and cannot be changed. You run in to a couple of issues with what you've done here.

1. The gamertag needs to be set for the region (country) that the currency is for in order to use the currency. You can only change the gamertag's region once every 90 days.

2. Even if you were able to use the currency to purchase something you run the risk of not being able to download the item due to region issues. Some items cannot be downloaded because of the differing IP addresses.
  4. ReaperDixon Win User

i cant change my gamertag

When we had the Microsoft points you would be able to use the points toward changing your gamertag, now that we converted to using currency everything has changed. You will have to use a credit card in order to purchase the gamertage change you can't use
    currency. sorry for the inconvenience.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Gamertag change

6. Danno McK. Win User

Changing Gamer Tag

It will actually cost you 1600 Points because you'll have to change it twice.

Since gamertags can't differ only by capitalization or spacing, you won't be able to change directly to a version with only a capital letter change. You'll have to pay 800 Points to change it to something truly different, then another 800 to change it back
    to the original gamertag with different capitalization.
Thema:

1. Can't change gamertag because the currency is different - Similar Threads - Can't change gamertag

2. I can't change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my gamertag: I tried to change my gamertag but when I get in a game It is the same name I had before 212f779c-1e4d-4faf-9c99-230f501ebb1b
  3. Can't play Bully after gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play Bully after gamertag change: When I changed my gamer tag and tried to play Bully on Xbox, it wouldn't allow me to access my saves because it's not connected to Xbox Live (two things: one, you don't need Xbox Live to play...
  4. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  5. Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one: I changed my gamertag a little bit ago but I regret doing so and would like to change it back to my old one. When I try to change it I get a message saying it's not allowed, I'm not sure why...
  6. Can't change gamertag on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change gamertag on Xbox 360?: So I read on the Xbox forums that your gamertag can only be 12 characters long, but that if you have an Xbox 360, you can change to a 15 character long gamertag. Well, I dusted off the ol' 360,...
  7. Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag: Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag when I logged in on a different country 3444de75-63aa-41ab-bda8-9a1633e1ef92
  8. Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.: Hey everyone, My gamertag was randomly reset a few months ago and I've been trying to change it back. After calling Xbox support multiple times I haven't been able to get this fixed. An agent I...
  9. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...
  10. Can't change Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change Xbox Gamertag: Hi! My Xbox gamertag has been FireBrawl1234 for many years now, it was automatically generated and I've been trying to change it now. Here's the list of gamertags I've tried and all of these gives...