Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta

Discus and support Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My drop down menu for changing the install location looks like this: [img] I looked up the entire internet... reinstalling, powershell repair,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JannickPvP, Sep 19, 2021.

1. JannickPvP
    JannickPvP Guest

My drop down menu for changing the install location looks like this:

Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta [​IMG]

I looked up the entire internet...

reinstalling, powershell repair, normal repair, leaving the beta and entering it again. Nothing worked. Please help

Best regards

Jannick

:)

JannickPvP, Sep 19, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

Before we try any different solutions, please check if your windows is updated to version 21h1, if not update it.

To update your windows follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.

*If the problem persists even after updating the system, or if there are no updates to be made, choose to try the solutions below, please.

Solution 1:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

PC reboot

Install gaming service like you would normally

Solution 2:

Go to your windows settings, go to the tab>applications and resources>Search for Gaming Services, click on it, go to advanced options, and tap repair.

*If it doesn't work, try the alternative below.

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  3. StaticApples Win User

Where is Xbox Beta App PC installed?

When I use the Xbox Beta App installer, where does it install that app to?

I want to find where the XBox Beta App exe is located.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Can only launch Games on C drive

go to settings, devices, storage, change where things get installed, change apps to the drive where you want them, then restart, then go to apps and features and locate the xbox beta app and move to the drive you want, then try moving the games to that
    drive and launching again. if any of this makes sense that is lol.
  5. Bestlano Win User

Can't Sign In to Xbox Live on Windows 10?

Hi Marx, Unfortunately you can't uninstall the Xbox App. However, you can install the Xbox App (Beta). Its currently a new version than the Xbox APP non-beta. See if you can reproduce your issue, if yes, please use the "Report a problem" in the beta version
    located under the smiley icon on the left NAV bar. You can DL the app located here:

www.microsoft.com/.../9NBLGGH1J27H

Thanks,

Best
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

xboxBETA pc端内游戏是否可以转移到其他硬盘

In the beta app click on SETTINGS and you should see an option to change the install location. If you have an extra drive attached you should be able to choose it
Thema:

1. Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta - Similar Threads - Can't change game

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my gamer tag and all of my saved games are gone. I can't access them?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamer tag and all of my saved games are gone. I can't access them?: I don't know what to do I changed my gamer tag and lost everything! 2529da44-1743-4d43-8577-ed279b621a49
  7. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  8. I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer: I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I downloaded the game with English language support on the computer, but the game is in Spanish and there are no language changes in the game. How can I...
  9. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes: Hello Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me "There was a problem loading installation locations. Try gain....
  10. Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?: I don't want to change my Desktop language, but I hate those cheap localized local versions of games. f645aac9-81a3-434d-abcc-ca09f3240dac