Cant cast to grove music

Discus and support Cant cast to grove music in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last update I cant cast to Grove Music Win 10. When I try is will ask me to download the app (it is already installed) If I go through the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TONE TZU, Aug 20, 2016.

1. TONE TZU
    TONE TZU Guest

Cant cast to grove music

Since the last update I cant cast to Grove Music Win 10. When I try is will ask me to download the app (it is already installed)

If I go through the install it will then ask to be updated. After it updates nothing happens and if I try to cast again it will ask to be downloaded again.

Also I try using grove with my OneDrive and it will play for 30-40 min and then error 0xc000021a saying if cant find the file (that it is already playing)

Any info or advice would help thank you

:)

TONE TZU, Aug 20, 2016
  2. worf634
    worf634 Guest
    Xbox One Keeps opening old Groove Music app when streaming to Xbox One

I am having the exact same problem as pcid6.

I also uninstalled all grove music apps then reinstalled the green one (not the blue one). In windows 10 when I select cast to device and choose my xbox it launches the store on the xbox and wants me to install the Blue Groove Music App. Even if I install
    that (then it asks to update it) it still does not work. Further, every time I do select "cast to device" it launches the store asking for groove music to be installed again.

worf634, Aug 20, 2016
  3. CarstenE
    CarstenE Guest
    Cant Cast music to xbone

Hey Feather River,

Unfortunally they removed this function with the update for Background Music. I personally miss this Feature aswell.

You can go to:

xbox.uservoice.com/.../363186--new-ideas

and vote for that or submit the request for that Feature by yourself. They may bring it back at some Point.

-lg 2Bad4You

CarstenE, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Armageddon97
    Armageddon97 Guest

Cant cast to grove music

I am having this same problem with casting. I will try contacting Xbox Support and will post any steps to solve the issue (if they can solve it).

Armageddon97, Aug 20, 2016
  5. Hey everyone,

As part of bringing the Groove Universal Windows app to Xbox, we lost a few features like Music Videos and DLNA PlayTo and added a few like background audio, Your Groove, and Explore.

We know how loved DLNA PlayTo and Music Videos are and are working to bring them back soon.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Aug 22, 2016
  6. Armageddon97
    Armageddon97 Guest
    It's been 5 days since your reply, so I would just like to ask if we could get a timetable on when DLNA streaming will be coming back. That's basically the only thing I use Groove for. At the very least could you make the old version of blue groove usable
    (i.e. don't automatically force an update for the blue version of groove). I'd rather have DLNA and no background music then background music and no DLNA.

Armageddon97, Aug 27, 2016
  7. Jarek Depta
    Jarek Depta Guest
    Please, do something whit this issue fast. In regions like mine - Poland, a cast is the ONLY reason of the Groove existence on Xbox.

Jarek Depta, Aug 28, 2016
  8. Cant cast to grove music

Studbucket33: Is there any timeline for the restoration of these features?

I find it staggering that as part of an update major features are removed with no immediate timeframe for their reinstating. Worse, it's a terrible user experience, as now the "Cast to Device" right-click option on Windows is effectively broken. It will
    continually prompt you to install the Groove Music app, which subsequently needs an update. Re-attempting to cast then takes you back to the prompt to install the Groove Music app and the cycle repeats. There's no prompting as to what's going on, and it must
    be amazingly confusing/frustrating for users.

Ralish-[xboxvenue], Aug 29, 2016
  9. Armageddon97
    Armageddon97 Guest
    @Ralish To be fair, there have always been two versions of Groove on the xbox store. The blue version has always been for casting and the green for using the subscription service. While this hasn't always been clear to most users, it has always been this
    way. For whatever reason, the current update of blue groove converts it to green groove. I don't know why they can't just make the old version of blue groove still available without a forced update, but it is what it is. I do think that it's incredibly dumb
    that we had a working app basically disabled and were given no timetable whatsoever as to when it would come back, but hopefully the devs will bring it back soon.

Armageddon97, Aug 30, 2016
  10. It's not my place to give timeframes, sorry. I can say that the features are actively being worked on, but there are so many things outside of the control of individual engineers that it would be a fools errand for me to promise a date. I leave that for
    PR/marketing folks.

Totally understand the frustration and confusion. It wasn't lost on us and was definitely discussed.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Aug 30, 2016
  11. Armageddon97
    Armageddon97 Guest
    @Studbucket33 Thank you for your response. It's good to know that it's still being diligently worked on. Would it be possible to make the old version of blue groove available in the meantime (the one without background capabilities)? The update just converts
    it to the green groove, so the blue one goes completely unused. Does the new OS and implementation of background music make this impossible? Since the blue and green Groove apps have always been separate, it would be nice having the old, snappable version
    of blue groove back until its problems with enabling background music get sorted out.

Armageddon97, Aug 30, 2016
  12. jstringer1
    jstringer1 Guest
    This totally sucks, how on earth can you just take features away from a product we already paid for???? I don't game much any more, I mainly use my xbox for Netflix and playing music which I rely upon the DLNA PlayTo feature for because I pay for Google
    Play Music. My xbox no longer provides me the feature set I require, I feel pretty cheated Cant cast to grove music :(

jstringer1, Aug 30, 2016
  13. Cant cast to grove music

Hey Armageddon97 - unfortunately, that switch has been flipped and the old app isn't coming back. From this point, it's all about making the universal app great.

Hey jstringer1 - I'm sorry about that. I promise that DLNA PlayTo is coming back soon.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Nov 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Cant cast to grove music