Cant Cast music to xbone

Discus and support Cant Cast music to xbone in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Awhile back there was an update for groove music, and ever since then I have not been able to cast music from Windows media player to my xbox one. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bearded_Beast, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Cant Cast music to xbone

Awhile back there was an update for groove music, and ever since then I have not been able to cast music from Windows media player to my xbox one. I used to be able to go in to my library, or playlists and click cast to xbox one and it would open groove
    and start playing the music. All of a sudden though I am not able to do this anymore. Every time I try to cast to xbone it takes me to the store and wants me to download groove. I must have downloaded and uninstalled it about 40 times trying to get this to
    work again. Anybody have any idea's. I have checked all my sharing settings and streaming settings and they are all correct, and shouldn't be the issue.

:)

Bearded_Beast, Sep 24, 2016
  2. jstringer1
    jstringer1 Guest
    Cant cast to grove music

This totally sucks, how on earth can you just take features away from a product we already paid for???? I don't game much any more, I mainly use my xbox for Netflix and playing music which I rely upon the DLNA PlayTo feature for because I pay for Google
    Play Music. My xbox no longer provides me the feature set I require, I feel pretty cheated Cant Cast music to xbone :(

jstringer1, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Cant cast to grove music

It's not my place to give timeframes, sorry. I can say that the features are actively being worked on, but there are so many things outside of the control of individual engineers that it would be a fools errand for me to promise a date. I leave that for
    PR/marketing folks.

Totally understand the frustration and confusion. It wasn't lost on us and was definitely discussed.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Sep 24, 2016
  4. CarstenE
    CarstenE Guest

Cant Cast music to xbone

Hey Feather River,

Unfortunally they removed this function with the update for Background Music. I personally miss this Feature aswell.

You can go to:

xbox.uservoice.com/.../363186--new-ideas

and vote for that or submit the request for that Feature by yourself. They may bring it back at some Point.

-lg 2Bad4You

CarstenE, Sep 24, 2016
  5. CarstenE Win User

Cant Cast music to xbone

Hey Feather River,

Unfortunally they removed this function with the update for Background Music. I personally miss this Feature aswell.

You can go to:

xbox.uservoice.com/.../363186--new-ideas

and vote for that or submit the request for that Feature by yourself. They may bring it back at some Point.

-lg 2Bad4You
  6. Armageddon97 Win User

Cant cast to grove music

I am having this same problem with casting. I will try contacting Xbox Support and will post any steps to solve the issue (if they can solve it).
  7. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Cant cast to grove music

Hey Armageddon97 - unfortunately, that switch has been flipped and the old app isn't coming back. From this point, it's all about making the universal app great.

Hey jstringer1 - I'm sorry about that. I promise that DLNA PlayTo is coming back soon.
  8. Armageddon97 Win User

Cant cast to grove music

@Studbucket33 Thank you for your response. It's good to know that it's still being diligently worked on. Would it be possible to make the old version of blue groove available in the meantime (the one without background capabilities)? The update just converts
    it to the green groove, so the blue one goes completely unused. Does the new OS and implementation of background music make this impossible? Since the blue and green Groove apps have always been separate, it would be nice having the old, snappable version
    of blue groove back until its problems with enabling background music get sorted out.
  9. Armageddon97 Win User

Cant cast to grove music

It's been 5 days since your reply, so I would just like to ask if we could get a timetable on when DLNA streaming will be coming back. That's basically the only thing I use Groove for. At the very least could you make the old version of blue groove usable
    (i.e. don't automatically force an update for the blue version of groove). I'd rather have DLNA and no background music then background music and no DLNA.
Thema:

Cant Cast music to xbone

1. Cant Cast music to xbone - Similar Threads - Cant Cast music

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  6. when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...: i use a normal wireless xbox series x controller on my xbox my pc is connected via wifi and xbox is connected via ethernet (this provides the best connection becuase i dont have another ethernet...
  7. Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio: Recently, Groove music was automatically replaced with Windows Media Player on my Xbox One. Previously, Groove (or perhaps the "Movies & TV" App) was the default app that opened when casting Audio...
  8. Cant cast apps from my iPhone to my Xbox anymore tried everything is it a new update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant cast apps from my iPhone to my Xbox anymore tried everything is it a new update?: I cant cast the apps like netflix, hulu, disney+ from my phone to my xbox anymore, its been like that for a while I’ve been trying to find the answer for it but nothing I checked with other...
  9. Im trying to cast my xbox one to my lenovo laptop using hdmi but i cant find it where do i...

in XBoX on Windows
    Im trying to cast my xbox one to my lenovo laptop using hdmi but i cant find it where do i...: where do I see my connections 0502cc4c-8bb9-483c-b9a2-dc6c8f16b785
  10. Cant cast to grove music

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant cast to grove music: Since the last update I cant cast to Grove Music Win 10. When I try is will ask me to download the app (it is already installed) If I go through the install it will then ask to be updated. After...