Can't cast from YouTube or YouTube music to xbox anymore.

Discus and support Can't cast from YouTube or YouTube music to xbox anymore. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Can't cast to my xbox from YouTube or YouTube music anymore. It used to work and then suddenly just stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't pick up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lizaan×, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Lizaan×
    Lizaan× Guest

Can't cast to my xbox from YouTube or YouTube music anymore. It used to work and then suddenly just stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't pick up the Xbox, it says no device found even though it is on the same network. I can connect it with a TV code but not just cast directly.

:)

Lizaan×, Dec 19, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Alright. Happy to hear that. Happy holidays
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

It seems that option has been removed by a recent update. Check out this thread https://support.google.com/youtubemusic/thread/134549968/did-the-ability-to-cast-to-game-systems-i-e-xbox-one-get-removed?hl=en

You can also let the developers know by sending feedback via the app. Tap your picture at the top right of the app, then Help and feedback, then Send feedback.

Hope this helps
  4. Lizaan× Win User

Thanks for the reply Jesse. After posting this question it started to work again somehow.
  5. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

download u tube songs to Zune

From what I could find on google Microsoft isn't supporting the Zune services anymore so you can't download and stream music from it anymore, but you can apparently transfer music to and from it. So it sounds like you probably won't be able to download songs
    from Youtube directly to Zune unless you use a third party website that downloads and mp3 of a youtube video, and then transfer that to Zune.

Hope some of that helps!
  6. Rostom L Win User

what happened here exactly? how do I prevent it?

Hi Aut!

I believe that was only a video casting from YouTube. If your phone and your console share the same network, the option for casting video will be available to your YouTube app on bigger screen like Xbox.

You can try it now. Simply watch any video from YouTube on your mobile and there's a cast icon (looks like a screen with wireless signal) you can click and choose the device that appears there which should be your Xbox console. Just make sure your YouTube app on your Xbox is opened.
Thema:

1. Can't cast from YouTube or YouTube music to xbox anymore. - Similar Threads - Can't cast YouTube

2. Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X: Hello, I've been attempting to cast my laptop to my Xbox Series X using the Wireless Display App, and it never seems to work (or maybe it does, but then it disconnects immediately). I can cast...
  3. Why can't I cast my phone to my Xbox 1?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I cast my phone to my Xbox 1?: I'm trying to cast my phone screen to my Xbox 1, but when I go to the cast screen on my phone my Xbox doesn't show up, I have the wireless display app open and they are on the same network. I know...
  4. Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to: I cannot seem to cast my PC Desktop to my XBOX. Both on wired LAN, both have remote settings enabled such as RDP and Wireless display. [img] I see the adapter here but get this when trying to...
  5. Can't Cast to Xbox via Windows Media Player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Cast to Xbox via Windows Media Player: I've been used to casting my music from my Andriod phone onto my Xbox via Groove Music. I had stopped for a couple of months, but recently wanted to cast again but this time Groove Music has been...
  6. Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore: Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore. I have all the latest updates on my devices, but Chrome can't see my Xbox anymore for some reason. All my devices are on...
  7. Can't cast phone screen to xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't cast phone screen to xbox.: I want to cast my phone to the xbox but my phone can't find it. It works only on youtube. Any help please? e2704da1-251d-47df-92a2-9c089d487728
  8. Can't cast to Xbox via android phone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't cast to Xbox via android phone: My Xbox does not show when searching for players on my phone selecting the cast button for Netflix or YouTube. Device connections are set to allow connections from any device, allow play to...
  9. Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason: I have always been able to cast from my devices to my Xbox as it is the only device I can do this from. But tonight, when I went to do this the app I always use took ages to searching for a...
  10. I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one: hello. I downloaded local cast to my cell phone and I can't connect the app with my Xbox one. help me please 5cea68c5-630c-435f-b489-c2d501450a3b