Cant buy anything, nor can I adds parent in settings

Discus and support Cant buy anything, nor can I adds parent in settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Every time I try to buy something it usually works. Then I come back to Xbox after not using it for a few months, it doesn’t work when I buy things. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NicoHarvin, Jun 29, 2022.

1. NicoHarvin
    NicoHarvin Guest

Every time I try to buy something it usually works. Then I come back to Xbox after not using it for a few months, it doesn’t work when I buy things. I tried buying some $3 thing on a game just now. It says no and tells me to go to settings, account, family settings, then “manage family members”.. I never used restrictions before so I don’t know why it’s saying this. I go into the settings and it says that I don’t even have restrictions, which I never did, bear in mind I bought something less then a month ago before this. I put on most of the dumb “protect your account from unauthorized activity” ****. I couldn’t put on the “add a parent” part. Now of course I tried doing it on myself but it didn’t work. I don’t have anyone else to add as a parent so I don’t know what to do. How do I remove this or solve it?

Alright update: appearently the Xbox listed me as the parent instead of my step dad for some strange reason. Now it also says that I gtg to “privacy and online safety”. Even though literally all settings are for adult and also everyone/friends. So I don’t know what they kinda want us to do. What now?

:)

NicoHarvin, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Crocoko Win User

Hello,

Have you checked that your family doesn't have spending limits enabled which restricts you from buying items. Also, if you are trying to purchase a game that has a PEGI 16 and/or 18 (or the rating equivalent in your country), the settings may restrict this (if so, head to Microsoft Family -> Content Filters -> Apps and Games).

If you've checked all the above settings and your still unable to purchase the game, feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

crocyyyyy
    :)
  3. Crocoko Win User

Hello,
    Have you managed to fix your issue?
    Cheers,
    crocyyyyy
  4. astronige Win User

cant log in no more since update asked for forgot password

i set up the parental account but long ago so no access to it nor do i probably remember anything they asked me when setting it up so not sure it will work

PS3 for us both this christmas i beleive !!!!!
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Purchases by child a minor unauthorized Purchases

it can take a few days to process, also change your password so he cant buy anything, if he has a chold account add it to your account via microsoft family and set his spending to 0.
  6. EliteWolf75 Win User

Blocked from purchasing even thought the setting allows me to purchase at will?

I have been hooked up to my parents account for a while, and they have set it to let me buy "anything" from the store and it continues to say to me "Change your settings to purchase free or paid content", i have been through my parents account as well and
    it has been set to let me buy "anything"
Thema:

1. Cant buy anything, nor can I adds parent in settings - Similar Threads - Cant buy anything

2. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  3. I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...: I cant buy xbox pc game pass, probably becuase I previuosly had subscription "xbox game pass friends & family" untill March 2023. When ever i try to buy pc game pass it just says I already owned...
  4. i cant get my pc games on xbox after buying ultimate pass ? Ea advised its what i needed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant get my pc games on xbox after buying ultimate pass ? Ea advised its what i needed: help, i contacted ea because my pc games werent showing on xbox one s, i was advised to buy a pass non specific, so i puchased ultimate xbox pass ... but i still dont have my pc games, it wants me...
  5. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  6. I cant buy anything in the minecraft marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy anything in the minecraft marketplace: I live in australia but every time i try to purchase something it says that i live in argentina. i tried contacting the minecraft support but since my account is a microsoft they told m to contact...
  7. Cant buy any points in the madden mut 24 store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant buy any points in the madden mut 24 store: Hi it’s been a few days now that I em unable to buy points and the points that I did buy I never received them in the madden 24 store. I’d like to figure out how we can fix this problem thank you...
  8. Why cant i buy minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i buy minecraft?: ive tried everything it just wont let me, im not sure what im doing wrong im putting in my details correct and i have the right payment method etc. c8bcc3e4-0165-4298-b215-84977c3afc29
  9. Why cant i buy FIFA points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i buy FIFA points: Why cant i buy FIFA points? 038e5fe3-6c1f-46d9-89e3-0cfe092d518b
  10. I cant buy left 4 dead 2 (2023)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy left 4 dead 2 (2023): In xbox.com the buy button wont show up. When i go into xbox 360 there is no buy button either. I had a USB with left 4 dead 2 on it and when i went into the game it kept kicking me out saying...