Can't buy anything, had this problem for a year!

Discus and support Can't buy anything, had this problem for a year! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've had a problem where i have never been able to purchase anything since i've had my account. First time it took 6 months of xbox support to fix and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by eRa xSpork, Nov 2, 2014.

1. eRa xSpork
    eRa xSpork Guest

I've had a problem where i have never been able to purchase anything since i've had my account. First time it took 6 months of xbox support to fix and after purchasing one item it went back to not working. I went through the advocacy team and supposedly
    my account has been disabled from making purchases for reasons i have not been told. I am currently trying to use a paypal account to change my gamertag for the first time and i am not allowed to do it. I confronted support and they stated that i probably
    have been blocked from purchasing because of incorrect paypal details which doesn't make sense as i use this paypal a lot to make purchases on other websites etc and this is the only time i've had trouble. To add to this, they claimed the paypal account was
    the problem. This is my third time with this issue and the first and second time, i didn't even have a paypal account connected to my microsoft account. I had bought codes in-stores and redeemed them on my xbox and still got the same error back then and they
    are trying to say paypal is the problem, makes NO sense. Even worse every time they say they have fixed it permanently, after one purchase it reverts back to being blocked. This really frustrates me as i've been dealing with this for over a year and there
    have been no reasons to have purchases disabled. I have been very patient this year and my issue is still not resolved.

What are you trying to purchase? Change my current Xbox Gamertag

What error code or message are you receiving (from the console)?
    "There's a problem with your account. To fix the problem, go to
    https://account.live.com
    . Alternatively, choose a different payment method."

Note for the above: I have gone on the link multiple times and all my information IS correct. I have also tried a different payment method, microsoft points and paypal.

What region is your account? Australia

What region do you physically connect from? Australia.

:)

eRa xSpork, Nov 2, 2014
  2. Can't buy anything

Hey there Hyenas lol,

If you've been working with the phone team with this issue, it's best to continue working with them for resolution. We're unable to assist with billing or account related issues like this over the forums. It's best to give it the full 72hrs to see if the
    issue is resolved. If not, you'll want to contact the phone team again. Let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Nov 2, 2014
  3. RossDedo17
    RossDedo17 Guest
    Can't Buy anything

my Xbox is working fine but will not let me purchase anything

RossDedo17, Nov 2, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately there is not a lot anyone here can do to help you. It does sound like there has been a block put on your gamertag and, if this is true, is something that only phone support can sort out with you.

onyxishere, Nov 2, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately there is not a lot anyone here can do to help you. It does sound like there has been a block put on your gamertag and, if this is true, is something that only phone support can sort out with you.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Can't buy anything

Hey there Wolf!

At the moment there is an
    Active Service Alert

Looks like we are having issues with "Buying downloadable items"

I hope this helps!

7. Mister Mascot Win User

Can't buy anything

Hey there Hyenas lol,

If you've been working with the phone team with this issue, it's best to continue working with them for resolution. We're unable to assist with billing or account related issues like this over the forums. It's best to give it the full 72hrs to see if the
    issue is resolved. If not, you'll want to contact the phone team again. Let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. johnanderson_571 Win User

Can't buy anything

Yes there is an issue with the payments / subscriptions I suspect . I am trying to buy gold but it is saying the problem is their end and to wait . I am getting the same issue on my other Xbox when I enter the purchase screen also
  9. HeyPapiYouSxxy Win User

Refund

They said they can't do anything and that I had to re buy the *** game
Thema:

1. Can't buy anything, had this problem for a year! - Similar Threads - Can't buy anything

2. I can't buy any games on microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't buy any games on microsoft: I am trying to buy minecraft and for some reason I can't buy it. It says my account doesn't have access to it. I have a similar problem when I try to play halo infinite because I can't access the...
  3. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  6. Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?: If i have redeemed on the past a 30 days by 1 € now i can't get this new offer or what? 07feba49-a860-4e7e-8a2d-b030ebff4ab0
  7. Why I can't buy a minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can't buy a minecraft?: I just tried to buy a minecraft 67bee369-7aff-410e-990b-128c8a9b3ae4
  8. I Can't buy EAFC24 after playing the 10 hour free trial xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Can't buy EAFC24 after playing the 10 hour free trial xbox series x: The trial ended and i tried to buy the game from the microsoft store but it refused please help the sale ends in 3 days dbdadce8-675e-4d39-be81-d6653e4599f7
  9. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  10. Why would I want to buy anything from those guys? They can't if their online games up and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I want to buy anything from those guys? They can't if their online games up and...: M/S Solitaire collection has been down more than up as of late. 705c8962-fc10-4c62-a70c-113864cb5539