Can’t buy an old Xbox game using money on my Microsoft account

Discus and support Can’t buy an old Xbox game using money on my Microsoft account in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; So I have an Xbox One S and I really wanted to buy Star Wars Nights of the Old Republic, so I went to my local store and bought a $15 microsoft gift... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by DylanBrecht, Jun 19, 2020.

1. DylanBrecht
    DylanBrecht Guest

So I have an Xbox One S and I really wanted to buy Star Wars Nights of the Old Republic, so I went to my local store and bought a $15 microsoft gift card. The game is only $10 so I go to buy the game and it says the only payment options are throught credit
    cards and I cannot use my gift card. Why is this? Mind you I am able to buy newer games using gift cards just not original Xbox games.

:)

DylanBrecht, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately the only way to use your Microsoft account balance for backwards compatible content is through a 360 console. The One/website have never been updated to see that as a valid payment option for that content.
  3. …420 Win User

I can't seem to buy skate 2 anywhere digitally and my new physical copy isn't working.

I don’t have a physical copy and I can’t purchase the digital version on the xbox 360 marketplace website due to not being able to use the money already on my Microsoft account. Why is the game available if we aren’t able to buy it and how can I get around this?
  4. Brutal At This Win User

can you use Microsoft money to renew Xbox Live Gold Membership?

5. Jacyintha Win User

Won't let me buy gold

From this FAQ:
    support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-points-retire-faq

Q: Can I buy an Xbox Live Gold Membership with the currency in my Microsoft account?

A: The currency in your Microsoft account can’t be used to buy an Xbox Live Gold Membership at this time.
  6. Uriels Phoenix Win User

Why can't I use my Microsoft Account to renew membership?

Please check this:
    support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-points-retire-faq

Can I buy an Xbox Live Gold membership with the currency in my Microsoft account?

The currency in your Microsoft account can’t be used to buy an Xbox Live Gold membership AT THIS TIME.

Maybe in the future it will be implemented. Who knows..
Thema:

1. Can’t buy an old Xbox game using money on my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Can’t buy old

2. Why can’t I see my gift card when I try to buy something through my Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see my gift card when I try to buy something through my Xbox?: It said I redeem it and it shows that I have it on my account but when I try to buy something in game it’s not showing it. 1f4c71a3-4dd3-4bec-8620-c0318a68551e
  3. My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?: Hi can anyone help? In family safety app we’ve added money to our child’s account - it’s there in his wallet yet when he logs into Fortnite on xbox it keeps telling him to ask a parent I get the...
  4. Hello! I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store with my Microsoft balance.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello! I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store with my Microsoft balance.: I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store. I put the money in the Microsoft balance but it doesn’t let me buy it in Fortnite or Microsoft store so can someone please help me?...
  5. I can’t buy anything on the Minecraft marketplace

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t buy anything on the Minecraft marketplace: Hi, so, every time I try to buy something on the Minecraft marketplace, it keeps saying sorry, we couldn’t complete your purchase. Maybe check your internet connection? And I see it all the time!...
  6. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...: I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t let me play because the owner need to sign...
  7. Refunded game I can’t buy again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunded game I can’t buy again: I recently bought NBA2k24 and I bought the game with the wrong card so I refunded it and now I can’t buy the game again. The refund went through. Is there any way i can fix this?...
  8. I can’t buy minecraft realm on any of my devices

in XBoX on Windows
    I can’t buy minecraft realm on any of my devices: Hello when I try to buy Minecraft realms It says something went wrong with no more information 3cf58b3e-5236-4791-8bf5-b8fb3c7bc5ac
  9. I can’t buy literally anything it says I have to ask a parent but they get nothing what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t buy literally anything it says I have to ask a parent but they get nothing what...: I go to buy something in fortnite but it says ask for permission and I do and it does NOTHING. I really want to get something with my card but it won’t let me. I am pretty frustrated with this so...
  10. Can’t buy old world blues on Xbox One.

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t buy old world blues on Xbox One.: So,I’m doing my first ever play through of Fnv and I was going to buy old world blues,But for some reason it isn’t available to buy for me on the marketplace or on the xbox website. Can’t buy it...