Can't buy an Avatar item.

Discus and support Can't buy an Avatar item. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm trying to buy an avatar item but i get the error: Sorry Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on xbox.com. Please... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SoleBarrel91220, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Can't buy an Avatar item.

Hi there, I'm trying to buy an avatar item but i get the error:

Sorry

Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on xbox.com. Please complete this transaction from your xbox.

I am buying the avatar item on my xbox, so I do not know why this is coming up.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks

:)

SoleBarrel91220, Mar 16, 2016
  2. Sharing avatar items

I want to buy an avatar item for my wife's avatar. Obviously, I can't find women's avatar items on LIVE, since I'm a guy. And I also know of no way for her to transfer points from my to her account for her to purchase the item directly. She doesn't have
    any points, and I can't justify purchasing huge amounts of credits for her account when she doesn't buy anything on LIVE. Can I purchase the item for her usage? Once I download an avatar item, can anyone on my XBox access it?

Thanks.

BauerPower24777, Mar 16, 2016
  3. mordix10
    mordix10 Guest

Why can't we buy FREE items from the avatar store unless we have billing information set up on our accounts?

mordix10, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Can't buy an Avatar item.

Please help. I cannot buy a Deadpool outfit for my son

SoleBarrel91220, Mar 17, 2016
  5. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Hey SoleBarrel,

Can you try doing it from Xbox.com instead and see if that's better?

live.xbox.com/AvatarEditor

However, if you are doing this from your son's account, it may be possible that he does not have the requisite permissions to make purchases, in which case you might want to enable some of those settings. You can do this both from the console and Xbox.com.
    Afterwards, you can change the settings back to how they were without issue.

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, Mar 17, 2016
  6. SoleBarrel91220, Mar 17, 2016
  7. I see other people are having this problem...I have tried everything but cannot find a way to let me buy an avatar item.

SoleBarrel91220, Mar 18, 2016
  8. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hey again,

Can you contact Phone Support and make sure that your son's account is able to make purchases? They have better insight into accounts and so should be better-placed to help out here.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

maxen, Mar 18, 2016
  9. cannot buy free items in the store HELP!

AustereAuthor13, Jan 2, 2018
  10. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Please don't bump old threads. For proper assistance you'll want to create your own thread and give us a few more details.

Smwutches, Nov 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: