cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall

Discus and support cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LatestJan, Oct 30, 2023.

1. LatestJan
    LatestJan Guest

i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it says that i cant edit it because is corrupt or something

:)

LatestJan, Oct 30, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi again LatestJan,

Have you tried all the recommended steps and none of them helped you solve the problem? I await your prompt response to suggest other steps to resolve the root problem.
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi LatestJan, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

With the intention of helping you, I am going to suggest that you follow these steps:

1. Check your user's permissions on drive D. Right click on drive D, select Properties, go to the Security tab and make sure your user has Full Control permissions.

2. Try copying the file to another location, such as the desktop, and then try backing up from that location.

3. If you continue to have problems, consider temporarily disabling any antivirus or firewall software you may have installed and then try the backup again.

Remember that it is important to be careful when making changes to system settings, and it is always advisable to back up your important files before making any modifications.

Let me know if this information was useful to you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Forza horizon 5 on drive D

Hello LatestJan, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Ok, if you are planning to reinstall Windows 11 and want to keep the Forza Horizon 5 installation on your D drive without having to download it again, there is an approach you can try. Be sure to back up your important files before making any changes to your system.

Back up the game installation folder Go to the location where Forza Horizon 5 is installed on your D drive and copy the entire game folder to a safe place. Typically, the default installation location for Microsoft Store games is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps". Locate the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder within that location.

Perform the reinstallation of Windows 11 Follow the process to reinstall Windows 11 on your computer as you normally do. This will format your C drive and reinstall the operating system.

Once you have completed the reinstallation of Windows 11, go to the location where the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder was on your D drive and check if the folder is still present. In some cases, reinstalling Windows may have deleted the game installation folder.

If the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder is deleted during Windows reinstallation, you can copy the backup folder you made in step 1 back to the original location on your D drive.

Verify the integrity of the game After restoring the game installation folder, launch the Xbox or Microsoft Store app and verify the integrity of the game. This will allow the application to detect existing game files and perform any necessary repairs or updates.

Best regards.
  5. ComatoseLaptop Win User

Can't Install Game: Error 0x80073cf3

Ok - I uninstalled Xbox, changed the drive to my backup D: drive, waited two minutes, reset the PC, changed the drive back to the default C: drive, then reinstalled Xbox.

Sadly, that didn't do anything either :(
  6. DrDoffeAlstig3 Win User

Microsoft Store, Forza

I have always had an ssd in my computer which ive had windows on. Ive never had my D drive in another pc. i have recently reinstalled windows from fresh. I used to download everything on my d drive before i reinstalled windows. Ive not found "WindowsApps"
    on my D drive.
Thema:

1. cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall - Similar Threads - cant backup forza

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  6. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  7. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  8. Cant get a teredo ip address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant get a teredo ip address: I tried every thing to make it work but nothing solved multiplayer connection cant get ip address And nat type also cant ip and unavailable please help me solve this...
  9. I have backup account i cant access i forgot gmail to account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have backup account i cant access i forgot gmail to account: forgot gmail to account and password but remember my gamertag can anybody help ? 85b84fe7-f394-4f2f-8c53-13d09a6e15ae
  10. Deleted security backup email cant login

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted security backup email cant login: Last christmas I set up my cousins Xbox One I set the backup email as one of mine (since deleted). The debit card associated with the account used for account recovery has since expired & i don't...