Can't adjust the volume when playing a Blu Ray movie

Discus and support Can't adjust the volume when playing a Blu Ray movie in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So ever since I got my X Box One a year or two ago I have always had problems with being able to turn up or down the volume when I'm watching any Blu... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stash5600, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Stash5600
    Stash5600 Guest

So ever since I got my X Box One a year or two ago I have always had problems with being able to turn up or down the volume when I'm watching any Blu Ray movie. It works fine with regular DVD's and games but when it comes to Blu Ray movies I can never control
    the volume.

The few times I've tried to talk to tech support about it they have no clue what to do. All I know is it is pissing me off pretty much on a daily basis.

Does anyone actually have a solution that works?!?! Not just something like try this or try that and see if it works. I actually want an answer that will work

:)

Stash5600, Oct 25, 2017
  2. OPs Darth
    OPs Darth Guest
    Blu Ray - Revenant Movie

Wouldn't play, said make sure disc is a game,dvd, blue ray...

Reset console, Then when I put it in is was a blank screen for a little while then it said "Xbox is install your AP" ???

Then the movies started playing. I went to my aps and the Movie install ANOTHER Blu Ray ap.

I had 2 different blue ray aps?? Watched the movie, then deleted all blue ray aps and install the one in the store.

All I can think is the Movie Revenant didn't recognize the updated blue ray ap as a blue ray ap, so it installed a 2nd??

In summary if a blue ray is not working, uninstall the current AP and allow it to get what it wants?? dunno

OPs Darth, Oct 25, 2017
  3. Bkossr
    Bkossr Guest
    blue square on screen while watching dvds on xbox one

did you ever get a solution to the blu square on screen while playing blu ray movie?

Bkossr, Oct 25, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there Stash5600.

Can you clarify what type of audio set up you're using? Need a bit more information on this to help out, thanks!

Mister Maka, Oct 26, 2017
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there Stash5600.

Can you clarify what type of audio set up you're using? Need a bit more information on this to help out, thanks!
  6. Jo2Men Win User

Regular Blu Ray not playing at XBox One

XBox does not recognize any Blu Ray disc movie. I tried other Blu Ray discs and they didn't work too. But when I insert a 4K movie, it plays.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

Hi,

Sounds like the laser in your console's Blu-ray drive has a hardware issue.

To test if your Xbox One X has issues reading discs, try playing a DVD movie disc. If can't read DVD movie discs either then your console has a hardware fault.

Note: It must be a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray movie disc.

There are two lasers in the Blu-ray drive, one for reading Blu-ray discs and one for DVD discs. Xbox One games use Blu-ray and the 360 console used a DVD drive.
  8. MeowTiggi Win User

Blu ray player display messed up for pretty much ALL movies (Blu Ray AND DVD)

UPDATE: No movies are working now, blu rays or DVDs. I have adjusted my 4k tv settings a bunch of different ways and nothing changes. Can't find ANYTHING online either to help me with this issue. Very disappointed.
  9. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Blu-ray and Xbox

If you are going to play movies via DVD, Blu Ray or 4k UHD Blu Ray, yes.
Thema:

1. Can't adjust the volume when playing a Blu Ray movie - Similar Threads - Can't adjust volume

2. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  3. I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.: I bought a steering wheel set for the Forza Horizon 5 game. I adjusted everything on this wheel from the drive and it works perfectly, but when I go into the Forza Horizon 5 game and tilt the...
  4. I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.: I just use earbuds for a headset and they have worked perfectly fine until today. It will only let me hear party audio when I'm in an xbox party but I still can't even hear game or music audio...
  5. Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...: Hello! I recently acquired a SteelSeries Arctis 9x headset, and am using it through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. After a fair bit of digging and research I have determined that there is...
  6. 为什么我的game bar调节不了音量[Translation-Why can't my game bar adjust the volume?]

in XBoX on Windows
    为什么我的game bar调节不了音量[Translation-Why can't my game bar adjust the volume?]: [img] 前段时间还能用game bar调节音量,这两天不知道按了什么,就变成了这 ,没有办法调节了 [Translation-Some time ago can also use game bar to adjust the volume, these two days do not know what to press, it becomes this, there is no...
  7. Madden 25 Xbox one Can't adjust sliders

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 25 Xbox one Can't adjust sliders: I'm having multiple problems with madden 25 on xb1. I am unable to adjust the sliders at all, in fact they start off and 0 and when I move them up and save the file then back out, they're back to...
  8. Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large: My TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL-37M3000. It looks as if the picture is zoomed in a little. This is especially noticeable on YouTube or a game that uses the edges for the HUD. When I look in the...
  9. Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior: I'm having trouble adjusting the chat mixer enough so that the game volume does not overwhelm the chat volume. I am using a new-style X1 controller with a chatpad and Cloud II headset. I've...
  10. Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.: I am having a problem where the chat audio is louder or the same volume as the game audio and anytime I turn the game audio up the chat audio goes up as well. I have followed the adjustment...