Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large

Discus and support Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL-37M3000. It looks as if the picture is zoomed in a little. This is especially noticeable on YouTube or a game that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tthhh, Aug 29, 2017.

1. tthhh
    tthhh Guest

My TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL-37M3000. It looks as if the picture is zoomed in a little. This is especially noticeable on YouTube or a game that uses the edges for the HUD. When I look in the Xbox One's video output setting and go to "calibrate HDTV",
    the aspect ratio section shows that the green lines do not fit and only the blue lines fit. The worst part is that I can't find an option anywhere on my remote to adjust the aspect ratio.

I should also mention that the aspect ratio is perfectly fine on my 360, even on the same TV. Every fix online doesn't work. The wide mode setting is set to "Full" and the "'Normal" setting is greyed out. I've tried swapping out the HDMI with the one I used
    for my 360 but still nothing.

:)

tthhh, Aug 29, 2017
  2. aileronroll
    aileronroll Guest
    Game image soft/fuzzy. Is it just my setup?

Okay. I looked up your model number for your TV. Did you try to calibrate your TV using the Picture Wizard? If you have your Remote, you can access it by pressing Menu, then selecting picture. This would adjust your picture on your TV. You can also select
    the aspect ratio as well. A good rule of thumb is to set your TV to 16:9 aspect ratio. If those don't work, you can reset your picture to factory settings. It is in the same menu as your Picture Wizard.

aileronroll, Aug 29, 2017
  3. Can you get console banned for using a HDMI to VGA Converter on Xbox One?

If there is content in your TV picture that seems "cropped out", you probably just need to adjust the "Zoom" setting on your TV.

Most HDTVs have a feature to compensate for outputs at different aspect ratios other than the TV's native ratio. You'd likely want to adjust the "Aspect Ratio" setting found in your TV's "Picture" settings, under "Advanced Settings". It just might do the
    trick and solve your dilemma: Using The Sound Menu; Using The Time Menu; Using The Setup Menu - Hisense 40H3E User Manual [Page 10]

Your TV remote also should have a button that says "Aspect" or "Zoom". Press that, cycle through the options, and see how it works out.

As far as an HDMI to VGA adapter goes: no, it is highly unlikely you would ever get banned for using such a thing.
    It's just a simple display adapter -- it doesn't help you cheat in games or modify the Xbox in anyway. Heck, I've used a third-party VGA cord with my Xbox 360 to play Halo on my computer monitor for a year and I'm still hunky-dory to this day!

Hope this all helps!

Internet Expert, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there Exaclibur363.

Be sure the resolution is set correctly. If that's set correctly, you'll need to check your TV settings for possible options to adjust the aspect ratio. Let us know what you find.

Mister Maka, Aug 30, 2017
  5. tthhh
    tthhh Guest
    The resolution is set to 720p. I can't find a single setting to change the aspect ratio. The problem is that my TV is actually 768p, but uses something called "true 720p", meaning the TV is 768p, but it's displaying in 720p. The Xbox One doesn't support
    768p and that's the problem. The Xbox One apparently detects the resolution automatically, but in this case it only detected it to 720p because 768p is not compatible.

This could be fixed if you just allowed us to adjust the aspect ratio on the Xbox One manually (instead of preset resolutions), rather than having to use the TV to adjust it, or adding support for 768p (like what the 360 has). The PS4 does something like
    that so it's not impossible.

tthhh, Aug 30, 2017
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Ah, thanks for the clarification!

If you haven't already, be sure to submit this idea over on our Xbox Feedback page so that the right teams can be made aware of your interest in this feature. Thanks a ton for your patience and understanding
    with this!

Mister Maka, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sony Bravia KDL 37m3000 not showing full image PS4