Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...

Discus and support Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! I recently acquired a SteelSeries Arctis 9x headset, and am using it through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. After a fair bit of digging... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MichaelJavier, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...

Hello! I recently acquired a SteelSeries Arctis 9x headset, and am using it through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

After a fair bit of digging and research I have determined that there is an issue adjusting the Windows 10 master volume for headsets connected via the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, and I don't believe it's a hardware issue with my adapter or headset
    as was the indicated solution in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-audio-slider-does-not-change-volume/097e1704-ce7e-4323-a685-42ab2e10f6f3

I make extensive use of the Windows Media hotkeys, and the volume up/down buttons on my keyboard are my primary way of adjusting volume on my PC. My previous headset was an old Turtle Beach headset for the Xbox360 that was connected via 3.5mm audio jacks,
    and the Master Volume hotkeys worked great for that.

However, when my headset is connected via the Xbox Wireless adapter, I can see my PC adjusting the volume up and down as I press the media key buttons via the default Windows volume mixer or EarTrumpet but the volume coming out of my headset doesn't change.
    The volume level keeps at the level set via the volume dial on my headset. Furthermore, I can manually adjust the volume for different applications in the Volume Mixer and those volume changes are reflected in my headset in real time. So my headset is only
    ignoring input from the Master Volume setting.

Things I've checked:

• I have my headset set to the Default Device for my system when it's connected.
    • I made sure to update the drivers for my headset via the manufacturer's software.
    • The Realtek HD Audio Drivers, Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, and Xbox Controller drivers are already up to date.

Last thing I tested:

1. I kept my Arctis 9x headset turned off
    2. Plugged my Arctis 9x headset to my Xbox One controller via 3.5mm audio cable
    3. Connected my Xbox One controller to my PC via Xbox Wireless Adapter
    Surprisingly enough, this setup allowed my headset to adjust according to the setting of the Master Volume again.

I'm gonna try to post this to SteelSeries as well. It's possible that it's a particular issue to my headset, or something. But I think I've hit the point where I'm out of ideas of what to try next.

:)

MichaelJavier, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

Hello Anton Lyskavets,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and truly apologized for some delay in my end.

I have found the thread as well that describe the same issue as yours. The Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows will auto install because the drivers are embedded within the Windows 11 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. Since the Xbox Wireless headset works when connected to Xbox Wireless adapter then it is good to go. The problem now is why the volume cannot be controlled by the master volume of your Windows PC.

As per checking with the updates, there is no concrete resolution as of this time. What we can do is to provide your feedback so that this can be investigated by our engineers. The thread I saw which you can find in this link: Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets - Microsoft Community I doubt if this has reached to our engineers because no initiation of feedback. We will make it this time by following the steps:

[​IMG]

Additionally, you can check how to configure your Xbox wireless headset provided in this link:

Set up and configure your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows | Xbox Support

We thank you for bringing this concern to us. Providing your feedback will ensure that this reach to our engineer's ears. The solution may not be provided overnight, our goal to provide the best experience will remain.

Sincerely,

3. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One stereo headset for 360 console?

Xbox One wireless stereo headset? I wouldn't know about it being "wireless", but are you actually talking about the
    wired stereo headset that Microsoft sells for Xbox One? If so, the stereo headset does have a 3.5mm connector at the end. The
    Xbox 360 has a 2.5mm port for headset. It can technically connect to the Xbox 360 controller with a 3.5mm(female)-to-2.5mm(male) adapter.

I think that the Xbox One stereo headset relies on the included adapter module for physical control of the volume and mute, and since that adapter can't be used on the Xbox 360 controller, volume adjustment will require you to go to the Xbox 360 Guide menu
    and adjust the volume somewhere in the settings/options.

Please also note that while game sounds can be heard by connecting a headset/headphones to an Xbox One controller, the Xbox 360 does not have that functionality built in to the controller. Any audio headset plugged into the controller would be used for voice chat
    only.
  4. Please Man Up Win User

Microsoft Wired Headset Not Working

Sorry to hear about that, have ago a this:

To connect a wired headset

Turn down the headset volume by rotating the volume control all the way to the left.

Insert the headset plug into the expansion port on your game controller.

Put on your headset and adjust the microphone.

To adjust the volume: Rotate the volume-control knob.

To mute: Switch the microphone button on the headset cable.
  5. ZombieCartmanYT Win User

Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior

i believe if you had the stereo headset adapter you could adjust the chat volume to a more suitable level than the game. you may want to turn down the master volume in BF4 options menu
  6. S73v3 N H4wk1n9 Win User

Anyone else extremely bummed out there's no wireless headset?

Kinect is fine if you want speaker phone.

However a wireless headset is superior. With or without game audio traveling thru the headset, it allows you to play game at the volume you want not having your sound system/ headphones turned down.

Given the setup of xbox one with the Kinect n all that. wireless headsets should have been a priority.
Thema:

Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...

1. Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox... - Similar Threads - Can't adjust Master

2. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  3. I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.: I bought a steering wheel set for the Forza Horizon 5 game. I adjusted everything on this wheel from the drive and it works perfectly, but when I go into the Forza Horizon 5 game and tilt the...
  4. I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.: I just use earbuds for a headset and they have worked perfectly fine until today. It will only let me hear party audio when I'm in an xbox party but I still can't even hear game or music audio...
  5. 为什么我的game bar调节不了音量[Translation-Why can't my game bar adjust the volume?]

in XBoX on Windows
    为什么我的game bar调节不了音量[Translation-Why can't my game bar adjust the volume?]: [img] 前段时间还能用game bar调节音量,这两天不知道按了什么,就变成了这 ,没有办法调节了 [Translation-Some time ago can also use game bar to adjust the volume, these two days do not know what to press, it becomes this, there is no...
  6. Madden 25 Xbox one Can't adjust sliders

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 25 Xbox one Can't adjust sliders: I'm having multiple problems with madden 25 on xb1. I am unable to adjust the sliders at all, in fact they start off and 0 and when I move them up and save the file then back out, they're back to...
  7. Can't adjust the volume when playing a Blu Ray movie

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust the volume when playing a Blu Ray movie: So ever since I got my X Box One a year or two ago I have always had problems with being able to turn up or down the volume when I'm watching any Blu Ray movie. It works fine with regular DVD's...
  8. Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large: My TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL-37M3000. It looks as if the picture is zoomed in a little. This is especially noticeable on YouTube or a game that uses the edges for the HUD. When I look in the...
  9. Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior: I'm having trouble adjusting the chat mixer enough so that the game volume does not overwhelm the chat volume. I am using a new-style X1 controller with a chatpad and Cloud II headset. I've...
  10. Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.: I am having a problem where the chat audio is louder or the same volume as the game audio and anytime I turn the game audio up the chat audio goes up as well. I have followed the adjustment...