Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.

Discus and support Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having a problem where the chat audio is louder or the same volume as the game audio and anytime I turn the game audio up the chat audio goes up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mogwai Warrior, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.

I am having a problem where the chat audio is louder or the same volume as the game audio and anytime I turn the game audio up the chat audio goes up as well. I have followed the adjustment instructions from the Astro website several times with no luck.
    Any one else having this problem?

:)

Mogwai Warrior, Apr 20, 2014
  2. Question About Using Kinect for Chat

First off I love using Kinect for chat. Anyone who I talk to says it comes through loud and clear. Which is a great relief being that I have a Astro A50 wireless headset and now I can fully use it wirelessly without a chat cable. However this is also where
    the problem lies. Both the chat and game audio are coming through the same channel and no longer split between game/chat. So I have no way to adjust the chat/game volume from the headset. From what I can see there is no way to adjust this from the Xbox either.
    Unless someone on here knows how to adjust this.

Ancient Attero, Apr 20, 2014
  3. loneeXwolf
    loneeXwolf Guest
    XBOX ONE S losing controller signal mid game

So I wanted to add this too,

The controller is only disconnecting when I have my XB chat adapter from my Astro A50 headset plugged in.

When I have the chat adapter not plugged in it does NOT disconnect...

loneeXwolf, Apr 20, 2014
  4. Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.

Just keep pressing the button on the adapter that has a person on it until its at max (not sure if it makes a confirmation noise or not when its at max)

Make sure the volume is all the way up on the adapter as well, this will make a beep when its at its highest

Now on your astro headset hold down on the chat audio side of the headset until you hear the 2 beep confirmation that its at highest volume. You now have both headset and controller at max chat volume. Use your astro headset to adjust game volume now, dont
    toggle with the adapter controls anymore as it could mess with the stuff again

Hope it helped

SteamingCatPoop, Apr 21, 2014
  5. Thanks SCP, I'll try that.

Mogwai Warrior, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Frathos Win User

Audio Problem

What kind of headset are you using? If it is an Astro A50 headset then you will need to use the Astro app to adjust your mic and eq settings as the Guide audio options are all greyed out when this headset is in use.
  7. SteamingCatPoop Win User

Just keep pressing the button on the adapter that has a person on it until its at max (not sure if it makes a confirmation noise or not when its at max)

Make sure the volume is all the way up on the adapter as well, this will make a beep when its at its highest

Now on your astro headset hold down on the chat audio side of the headset until you hear the 2 beep confirmation that its at highest volume. You now have both headset and controller at max chat volume. Use your astro headset to adjust game volume now, dont
    toggle with the adapter controls anymore as it could mess with the stuff again

Hope it helped
  8. Mogwai Warrior Win User

Thanks SCP, I'll try that.
  9. Frathos Win User

headsets not working after last update Xbox one

Are you plugging your headset into your controller? If so then have you checked the console Chat Mixer settings to see if it has been set to 100% Game Audio? The newer Dashboard has the Chat Mixer at the bottom of the Xbox nexus Home tab (bottom right speaker
    icon). If you see the Headset Chat Mixer slider is all the way to one side (eg Game) then move it towards the other side. Normally it would be at 50/50 mark.

If you have an older Dashboard then you'll have to look for the tab that includes the Chat or Audio setting (sorry, I don't recall whether everyone has been updated to the newer Dashboard style yet) and check/change the adjustments there.

If you have a wireless headset (eg Astro A50 series) then the Chat Mixer setting is adjusted on the headset itself. I'm guessing you don't have this type headset though as the Chat Mixer setting usually resets back to the middle (50% Game, 50% Chat) every
    time the console is restarted. Note that when an Astro A50 series is connected, the console Chat Mixer settings are grayed out since you have to make the adjustments on the headset itself.

Good luck!
  10. Fuersliph Win User

No sound to Astro A50's via Mixamp... only through new chat adapter

I'm having the same issue. After hooking my Astro A50s up to the chat adapter and updating the firmware, my headset only has sound when the chat adapter is hooked up. My A50s work fine hooked to a computer, but not to the xbox. I've re-paired and still
    no luck. Any solution?
Thema:

1. Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter. - Similar Threads - Can't adjust game

2. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  3. I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.: I bought a steering wheel set for the Forza Horizon 5 game. I adjusted everything on this wheel from the drive and it works perfectly, but when I go into the Forza Horizon 5 game and tilt the...
  4. I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.: I just use earbuds for a headset and they have worked perfectly fine until today. It will only let me hear party audio when I'm in an xbox party but I still can't even hear game or music audio...
  5. Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't adjust Master Volume with media hotkeys for wireless headsets connected thru Xbox...: Hello! I recently acquired a SteelSeries Arctis 9x headset, and am using it through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. After a fair bit of digging and research I have determined that there is...
  6. 为什么我的game bar调节不了音量[Translation-Why can't my game bar adjust the volume?]

in XBoX on Windows
    为什么我的game bar调节不了音量[Translation-Why can't my game bar adjust the volume?]: [img] 前段时间还能用game bar调节音量,这两天不知道按了什么,就变成了这 ,没有办法调节了 [Translation-Some time ago can also use game bar to adjust the volume, these two days do not know what to press, it becomes this, there is no...
  7. Madden 25 Xbox one Can't adjust sliders

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 25 Xbox one Can't adjust sliders: I'm having multiple problems with madden 25 on xb1. I am unable to adjust the sliders at all, in fact they start off and 0 and when I move them up and save the file then back out, they're back to...
  8. Can't adjust the volume when playing a Blu Ray movie

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust the volume when playing a Blu Ray movie: So ever since I got my X Box One a year or two ago I have always had problems with being able to turn up or down the volume when I'm watching any Blu Ray movie. It works fine with regular DVD's...
  9. Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust the aspect ratio for my TV, picture is too large: My TV model is a Sony Bravia KDL-37M3000. It looks as if the picture is zoomed in a little. This is especially noticeable on YouTube or a game that uses the edges for the HUD. When I look in the...
  10. Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior: I'm having trouble adjusting the chat mixer enough so that the game volume does not overwhelm the chat volume. I am using a new-style X1 controller with a chatpad and Cloud II headset. I've...