Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior

Discus and support Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having trouble adjusting the chat mixer enough so that the game volume does not overwhelm the chat volume. I am using a new-style X1 controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by spsean, Dec 12, 2015.

1. spsean
    spsean Guest

I'm having trouble adjusting the chat mixer enough so that the game volume does not overwhelm the chat volume. I am using a new-style X1 controller with a chatpad and Cloud II headset. I've checked the chat mixer adjustment from the settings button on
    the xbox homescreen sidebar, and I've used the chat mixer buttons on the left side of the chatpad. At it's best setting, a step before the game is completely muted (when playing BF4, for instance), the chat volume is at best equal to the game volume and often
    worse in intense situations.. I'd prefer to barely hear the game, not mute it completely, and hear the chat more loudly. There doesn't seem to be any specific setting in BF4 itself. Is there something I'm missing, or is that as good as it gets?

:)

spsean, Dec 12, 2015
  2. Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

A few months ago, there used to be audio options under the system tab for Xbox One, but it was taken away. In these audio options, you could adjust the game volume and party volume with a slider. The closest thing I can find now is when I pick settings,
    display & sound, volume, and then chat mixer. The options in this chat mixer are - mute all other sounds, reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%, reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%, or do nothing. If this chat mixer is for party chat, I can tell you
    right now that it doesn't work. No matter what option is selected, the party volume to game volume is always the same, with no difference, the game is loud and the party is quiet. Is this chat mixer for the Mixer feature, because there's already audio options
    for that, so I wouldn't think so. So again, if the chat mixer is for party chat, it doesn't work. Where can I adjust how loud the party volume is compared to game volume for my headset?

Jousma Family, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Chat mixer settings won't save

Ever since I've gotten the Xbox One, I've had problems with game audio streaming through my headset and drowning out party chat. Every time I try to adjust the chat mixer so I only hear party chat, it won't save the settings and just reverts back to the
    default sound balance that makes the game volume way too loud. Changing the volume settings to make all other sounds silent during chat doesn't seem to do anything.

So my question is: What do I need to do to save my chat mixer settings?

NathanDrewLewis, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Can't adjust chat mixer enough to make chat volume superior

i believe if you had the stereo headset adapter you could adjust the chat volume to a more suitable level than the game. you may want to turn down the master volume in BF4 options menu

ZombieCartmanYT, Dec 12, 2015
  5. spsean
    spsean Guest
    The chatpad has the same controls as the headset adapter (which is kinda nice), so I'm good there. I'll have to try lowering the master volume, maybe that will only lower game volume and not chat too.

spsean, Dec 12, 2015
  6. spsean
    spsean Guest
    Lowering the audio level of individual games has made the game quieter while not affecting the volume of party chat, so that did it.

spsean, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: