Cant add phone number to my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Cant add phone number to my Microsoft Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The title says it all. I cant add my phone number to redeem any reward from the Bing rewards. When adding says I need to get text or call on my phone... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ahmad Bashir1, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Cant add phone number to my Microsoft Account

The title says it all. I cant add my phone number to redeem any reward from the Bing rewards. When adding says I need to get text or call on my phone number. Try to add phone number and says its not available. Before this it said that number was wrong ad some special characters. And even before that I did not receive codes from Microsoft at all on my phone number. I can not redeem anything. Here is one screenshot of the current problem.
    Cant add phone number to my Microsoft Account [​IMG]

:)

Ahmad Bashir1, Nov 24, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hi Ahmad , my name is Oskayra and I would be happy to help.

Use a different browser, Sometimes problems with entering information can be browser-specific. Try using a different web browser to see if that resolves the issue.

Check your locale, Make sure your Microsoft account's locale matches your actual location. Some issues may occur if your location settings do not match where your phone number is coming from.

Best Regard
    Oskayra
  3. Shah Abeer Muhammad Win User

Why can't I add phone number on microsoft account in Bangladesh?

but if i cant add my phone number on microsoft account so would i redeem my microsoft rewards? microsoft rewards is available in Bangladesh.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Cant add my phone number

Hi Pieter! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft Rewards.

According to Independent Advisor Adeyemi Olayemi Samuel: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...an-alias/904a08da-bafa-48a0-8c74-57df877e1787

"Kindly try to perform the following workarounds using the same phone number:

> Sign into your Microsoft account at account.microsoft.com
    > Click on "Your info" at the top of the page, then select "Manage how you sign into Microsoft" from the left-hand menu.
    > Click on "Add email or phone number" and select "Add a phone number".
    > Enter your phone number and follow the prompts to verify it.

If you're still having trouble adding the phone number as an alias, it could be due to the phone number you're trying to add is already associated with another Microsoft account.

I have also experienced the same issue before. In this case, you'll need to use a different/new phone number from your own number that has not been associated with any Microsoft account yet.

If you continue to have trouble adding a phone number as an alias, you may want to contact Microsoft support for further assistance:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus "

Also, avoid VoIP phone numbers: If you were using a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone number previously, consider switching to a traditional mobile or landline number. Sometimes, VoIP numbers may not be recognized or accepted during the verification process.

Choose the call option: During the verification process, you have the choice between receiving a text message or a phone call for the verification code. If the text message option is not working, select the call option and enter your home phone number.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Rainer Sherwood Win User

Locked out of Xbox Live account

im not sure what you mean. i cant login in to add another phone number and the only verification source attached to the account in question is an email. i dont get an option to add a phone number or use a phone number to get my verification code.
  6. Maxyfreeze Win User

Blocked out my accounts

I was just on the phone with microsoft and basically said only thing I could do was to get someone elses number but iv already used my friends numbers for my other accounts so they are at the limit too. I managed to get a few back as they had my phone
    number already in the account info so if i reset my password using phone it let me in but the rest dont have my number in the account info already and i cant sign in to add it so im kinda stuck.
Thema:

1. Cant add phone number to my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Cant add phone

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  4. Cant add a friend on cod warfare 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant add a friend on cod warfare 3: Hello, I’m trying to send an invite on cod warfare 3 but it says invite failed and player dk***** blocked. Any idea how or why I can’t add this person? Thank you f28f4012-c49c-4a4f-8049-82fd588f9317
  5. Why cant i add an account on my xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i add an account on my xbox: Ive had to factory reset my xbox in the attempt to be able to sign into my xbox account but this just made it worse. When i click "Add new" it brings up the gray loading box for about 5 minutes...
  6. Xbox one cant sign in or add profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one cant sign in or add profile: On my Xbox one I am unable to add account or sign in on my Xbox. [img] 96cb3d65-b961-4f41-bcdb-c6a4df2c65c5
  7. Xbox one cant sign in or add a new account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one cant sign in or add a new account: Hello, yesterday day I tried to sign in but I was unable to sign and I was then told to remove the account, and when I tried to sign in I was unable Pls help. 588b50fa-4974-45c7-b8ac-165f023ce575
  8. Xbox one cant sign in or add profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one cant sign in or add profile: On my Xbox one I am unable to add account or sign in on my Xbox. aaca355a-9702-4f2b-8312-2ee36f5c6018
  9. I cant add an account to my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant add an account to my xbox: Hello I was playing a game on my xbox a few days ago and it was working fine but then I turn my xbox on the next day And I couldn't sign in to my account. I then tried to search it on the internet...
  10. Cant add new credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant add new credit card: Hello, i cant add new credit card. It always says i added wrong information, but i gived it right. First i tried to change current card information, but it also says i add it wrong. I tried to...