Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset

Discus and support Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was having a problem updating even though my WiFi was working fine so I factory reset it and managed to do the update but since the factory reset I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesFullerton4, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset

I was having a problem updating even though my WiFi was working fine so I factory reset it and managed to do the update but since the factory reset I am unable to add my account. It just says add account and a loading circle comes up then dissapears then comes up again for ages and then sends me back to the add account. I've factory reset it twice now and that did not fix the problem.

:)

JamesFullerton4, Nov 25, 2021
  2. JamesFullerton4 Win User

Thanks. An update. After reconnecting to the Wi-Fi I managed to get to the screen where it allowed me to input my email address and password it loaded for a long time but now it seems to be working. I don't know what changed but thank you for helping
  3. ImAice Win User

I can't see the picture though but since you've tried doing a factory reset, You can also try doing an offline system update by downloading the OSU File here.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Once you download the Offline System Update File onto your PC, you can see it as a a zip file so you'll have to unzip onto a USB that's at least 8GB and formatted to NTFS. Once it's all downloaded plug the USB into your Xbox, the offline system update will be enabled.

The same exact thing happened to me though but it works after connecting it to a mobile hotspot. Make sure you have enough mobile data too.
  4. JamesFullerton4 Win User

I uploaded a picture. Can you see it?
  5. JamesFullerton4 Win User

It didn't work but it came up with message when I was checking my network was connected to my hotspot
  6. JamesFullerton4 Win User

Hi thanks for responding. Yes I tried using my hotspot and it had the same results. Just loaded for a long time then returned to add new option
Thema:

1. Can't add new account to Xbox after factory reset - Similar Threads - Can't add account

2. ATTENTION.was contacted by someone and asked to add his account. But he can't be found. He...

in XboX Insiders
    ATTENTION.was contacted by someone and asked to add his account. But he can't be found. He...: ⚠️⚠️⚠️ ATTENTION : possible scam ⚠️⚠️⚠️ https://xbox.com.de/loverlyman761 ❗️Do not click or enter anything.❗️ Please explain, I'm confused and want to know if there's something dangerous behind...
  3. Can't add money to family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add money to family account: I found my question elsewhere, tried all the fixes (clearing cache, changing browser, incognito, disconnecting from VPN) and the problem persists. Any other ideas? Here is the error message I get...
  4. I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...: I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change my safety settings to allow Multiplayer? aac85b88-851a-425c-8210-36a834a62284
  5. Can't add phone number to account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add phone number to account: Been trying to redeem Microsoft Points for a few months but come up against the same issue. It asks me to add a phone number to my account. I follow the steps to do so, the code is sent to my...
  6. Can't add account in Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add account in Xbox.: I did a complete reset. Removed all games and reset to factory setting. Try to add account. Get the spinning icon for 10 seconds then takes me back to add account....
  7. Can't add funds to kids account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add funds to kids account: Got: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble...
  8. Why can't I add phone number on microsoft account in Bangladesh?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add phone number on microsoft account in Bangladesh?: [img] i cant add any number. neither my phone number is working nor my friends. so what to do? any fix? or microsoft blocked Bangladesh 127fa49c-6952-4b4f-b771-3125183e1051
  9. I can't add a payment method in my new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't add a payment method in my new account: Hello! I created a new account to play the Xbox game pass, but i seems like i can't add my paypal to this account. Everytime i try to add my paypal to THIS account, the this error appears "Your...
  10. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...