Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ...

Discus and support Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i have a problem with adding a friend and i have already changed the settings so that i should be able to add my friend... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TimeToFloat69, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ...

So i have a problem with adding a friend and i have already changed the settings so that i should be able to add my friend

:)

TimeToFloat69, Mar 21, 2018
  2. Sea of thieves Cant play it since i have to change my settings which are already changed

When i start sea of thieves it says that my settings wont allow me to play multiplayer, and i also can't add my friend on xbox. The thing is i have changed the settings so that i should be able to add my friend AND start sea of thieves but i cant do anything
    of it

TimeToFloat69, Mar 21, 2018
  3. harassment

Have you changed your privacy settings, specifically online status to 'friends only'? Are you playing with friends? Have they changed their privacy settings to 'friends only'? If you or your friends don't change their privacy settings, then if they can't
    get to you, they will simply try to join your games via your friends.

If you and your friends change your privacy settings, it should stop these people from joining you in the future.

Obsessive Power, Mar 21, 2018
  4. Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ...

Thanks for letting us know, TimeToFloat69!

So we can take a closer look and make sure to get you the right info, can you reply with some additional information?

1. Are you seeing this issue on an Xbox One or Xbox 360 console?

2. Do you see any difference if you try to add that friend via the Xbox App or via Xbox.com instead?

3. Do you see the same issue when you try to add other friends, or just this one friend?

4. Please include a picture of any specific error messages you're seeing when you try to add that friend.

5. Are there any steps you've already tried, to resolve this issue? If so, let us know what steps you've done so we can avoid retracing things you've already tried.

Mister Quasar, Mar 22, 2018
  5. I have tried changing settings, it is every friend and i can't start sea of thieves since my multiplayer settings won't allow me to play online

TimeToFloat69, Mar 23, 2018
  6. Thanks for that info!

To make sure, do you see an active Gold membership when you sign into your
    Microsoft Account Subscriptions
    ? An active Xbox Live Gold membership would be required to play online.

Also, is this account a
    child or teen
    account?

Mister Quasar, Nov 1, 2018
  7. TimeToFloat69 Win User

Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ableTo

Thanks for letting us know, !

So we can take a closer look and make sure to get you the right info, can you reply with some additional information?

2. Do you see any difference if you try to add that friend via the Xbox App or via Xbox.com instead?

3. Do you see the same issue when you try to add other friends, or just this one friend?

4. Please include a picture of any specific error messages you're seeing when you try to add that friend.

5. Are there any steps you've already tried, to resolve this issue? If so, let us know what steps you've done so we can avoid retracing things you've already tried.
    I have tried changing settings, it is every friend and i can't start sea of thieves since my multiplayer settings won't allow me to play online
  8. Mister Quasar Win User

Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ableTo

Thanks for that info!

To make sure, do you see an active Gold membership when you sign into your
    Microsoft Account Subscriptions
    ? An active Xbox Live Gold membership would be required to play online.

Also, is this account a
    child or teen
    account?
  9. Mister Quasar Win User

Thanks for letting us know, TimeToFloat69!

10. Cheesy Wisp Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition chat not working.

Someone told me to change ''Others can communicate'' to friends or everyone, which is in the xbox account settings that should fix the problem. but i cant access the site to change my setting.
  11. hockeymaster119 Win User

Downlaoding

how come on my xbox, even though i changed my settings, it says i cant purchase games, i tried turning it off and turning it back on, but that didnt work, what should i do?
Thema:

Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ...

1. Cant add friends, need to change settings even though the settings are changed so i should be ... - Similar Threads - Cant add friends

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. Cant add a friend on cod warfare 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant add a friend on cod warfare 3: Hello, I’m trying to send an invite on cod warfare 3 but it says invite failed and player dk***** blocked. Any idea how or why I can’t add this person? Thank you f28f4012-c49c-4a4f-8049-82fd588f9317
  4. I cant add my friend because it says sorry can not save changes right now try again in a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant add my friend because it says sorry can not save changes right now try again in a...: i want to add my freand but i cant b0899c9a-bc3c-4cd1-aad8-e5f1143c5a43
  5. I cant add my friend on battlefield 2042

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant add my friend on battlefield 2042: Im from pc gamepass and he is from xbox game pass on free 10 hours trial we try to add each other (we have crossplay on) I dont see him in the list and he cant see me in the list...
  6. Cant add friend on xbox but can add other people fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant add friend on xbox but can add other people fine.: Im on Win 10 and my friend has a xbox. No matter what i try to add them on, whether website, app, mobile app or xbox clicking on add friend does nothing at all. Neither of us are in eachothers...
  7. Fallout 76 cant add a friend problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 cant add a friend problem: So i can play with my mates that are not on my home internet but when i try to play with my housemate who is we cannot, is this a common issue and is there a way to fix this problem?...
  8. Cant re add my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant re add my friend: so ive ignored this issue for a while now and i figured i should address it finally. My friend had suddenly disappeared from my friends list. I had them favorited. Now every time i try to add them...
  9. Cant add friend xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant add friend xbox one: Dear Microsoft I have a problem with my account on xbox one. I want to go play with my friends but first it says that there offline and there not and then they got removed as friend without...
  10. Cant hear or add friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant hear or add friend: I recently had a friend disappear off my friends list and he appears anonymously in parties and shows offline if I searched him and I cannot add him back however he can hear me whenever we are in...