Can’t add friends I deleted, and some friends appear offline for me but not others

Discus and support Can’t add friends I deleted, and some friends appear offline for me but not others in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was having trouble with talking to a friend, and I noticed that it said he was offline in the party, but people in the same party said that they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BJozwiak, Dec 21, 2018.

1. BJozwiak
    BJozwiak Guest

Can’t add friends I deleted, and some friends appear offline for me but not others

I was having trouble with talking to a friend, and I noticed that it said he was offline in the party, but people in the same party said that they could see he is online. So becuase of this I tried multiple solutions including removing them as a friend.
    Since this didn’t work I attempted to add them as friends again but got a message saying that my changes couldn’t be saved. I’ve tryed multiple things to get them as friends again, I’ve tryed on different divice, through the Xbox app, and a special link Xbox
    has given online to help others with this problem, but none of them worked. Then as a last resort I tryed a hard reboot and that did nothing as well I’m dumbfounded because this is the first time I’ve ever had this issue. Anyone having this same problem and
    is there a fix for it?

:)

BJozwiak, Dec 21, 2018
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Bjozwiak!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with issues trying to get your friends to pop up.

Being that Xbox Live is a very social community, I can see how this could be frustrating. Since you're network troubleshooting went through smoothly, I would try removing and redownloading your account as outlined in our support article entitled

How to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One
    . It might be that you just need to refresh your profile.

If that doesn't do the trick, I would then try a soft reset of the console.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how those steps I suggested helped.

Thanks
  3. BJozwiak Win User

I’ve tryed that as well and didn’t do anything....
  4. JohnnyXeo Win User

Probably temporary. Start with a hard reboot of your console and see if that helps.
  5. BJozwiak Win User

My NAT type is Open, anf I ran the multiplayer connection test and it said the connection was fine and nothing was wrong with it, so I’m at a deadend it seems now
  6. XBF Paul M Win User

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, it sounds like you may be experiencing some networking issues on your Xbox One console. Can you go to your network settings and run a multiplayer connection test and let us know what your NAT type is? Also please
    try running these
    troubleshooting steps
    . Please let us know how it goes.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
Thema:

1. Can’t add friends I deleted, and some friends appear offline for me but not others - Similar Threads - Can’t add friends

2. people can’t add me as a friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    people can’t add me as a friend: for the past few days people haven’t been able to add me as a friend. i’ve tried resetting my xbox and deleting my profile and nothing fixes it. it sucks when i make a new friend in a game and add...
  3. Can’t add friends in Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t add friends in Fortnite: My sons friends list disappeared in Fortnite and each time he tries to find a friend to add back in, the parental control PIN appears. When the parental pin comes up, we enter the PIN and it says...
  4. Madden 24 can’t add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 24 can’t add friends: There is no friends list available in play a friend at the bottom right of my screen. I pre ordered. Can I uninstall and get a new version or is there a fix? 29d267a2-6780-473f-b7f9-d25697ff94ec
  5. Why I can’t add a friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why I can’t add a friend: Why I can’t add or accept friends request on my Xbox 0c64055f-7f92-4ce5-b36d-ae21dd005d46
  6. Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s: I can’t add anyone as a friend I have restarted my system multiple times and even a few hard resets and still can’t add anyone afecac36-f3ec-4132-95f5-cea003ec9c14
  7. Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?: My friend cant add me or hear me in party chat after I blocked him by accident. 82e8969b-5b8d-4054-b015-10cf595a4120
  8. Can’t add friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t add friends: Can’t add friends. When I do it says I added them although when I go to the profile, it gives me the option to add friend again. The only way I can add friends at the moment is if I go through...
  9. Can’t add friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t add friends: I can’t add friends on Xbox, every time I do it lets me add them, but when I go back to their profile, it says that I didn’t. So I keep trying to add them and it’s just an infinite loop. I also...
  10. What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked: What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked 0f2bf037-da38-480e-9e02-f54e3466b167