Can't add friends from a child account due to server error

Discus and support Can't add friends from a child account due to server error in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have one child account in my Family setup, and that child account is unable to add XBox live friends. Specifically when the child account is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jeremy Mazner, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Can't add friends from a child account due to server error

Hello, I have one child account in my Family setup, and that child account is unable to add XBox live friends. Specifically when the child account is signed in and viewing a profile at https://account.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamertag=[gamertag], clicking
    the Add Friend button results in a 400 Bad Request from the service:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/xbox/account/api/v1/social/AddFriends
    {

"xuids": [

"[id of friend]"

]

}

results in

Status Code:

400 Bad Request

{"Message":"Call to Social Interaction Service resulted in Bad Request."}

I have no issues adding the exact same account as a friend to my main parent account, which generates the exact same call to AddFriends and it succeeds.

Why does it always fail for the child account?

:)

Jeremy Mazner, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Jeremy Mazner Win User

can you point me to exactly which setting to change? I don't see anything under https://account.microsoft.com/family/ related to adding friends online. I did find https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=main%3aprivacytab
    "Privacy and Online Safety" where I can look at settings for the child account, and it has a setting "Add friends: Decide to allow or block the ability to add Xbox Live friends on Xbox One." Is there a different setting for adding friends from
    a PC?
  3. Destiny082618 Win User

Hello, most of the time this can be because the child account settings are actually set so that the children cannot add/accept friends on xbox live due to age restrictions. This is something that you can fix within your family settings/child account settings.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. That is an odd one if you can access and add the account but your son cannot and gets the bad request error. Can you please try having him add the account using a different browser to see if that helps?

Also, the parent account should make sure that his account is allowed to add friends online. You can do that by heading to
    https://account.microsoft.com and click on Family.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Problemas com a conta -[Translation - Account issues]

Hello JoãoPedroXR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to add friends due to your Microsoft account's privacy settings. If you have a child account, you must

add your child account to a family by using an adult account. This will allow the adult account to

alter the privacy settings of the child account
    so the child account can add friends and utilize other social features. The articles we provided contain steps on how to complete this process. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Can't add a friend

Only adult accounts can add friends etc.

Child accounts can not add friends, search for gamertags etc without the permission from an adult account.
Thema:

1. Can't add friends from a child account due to server error - Similar Threads - Can't add friends

2. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  3. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  4. I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...: I can't add a friend back because it glitched out and blocked them bdef197a-fe0e-4c56-a93c-b5498ee47524
  5. I can't add a friend back to my friends list.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back to my friends list.: A friend that I play with on a regular is no longer in my friends list. I can message him, so I know I'm not blocked, but when I try and add him back as a friend all I get is a message saying......
  6. I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...: I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change my safety settings to allow Multiplayer? aac85b88-851a-425c-8210-36a834a62284
  7. Try to add a friend but keeps saying sorry can't save your changes right now try again in a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Try to add a friend but keeps saying sorry can't save your changes right now try again in a...: I'm trying to add a friend but neither of us can add each other back keeps say sorry we can't save your changes right now try again in a while. Would really like this fixed his gamertag is...
  8. Can't add a friend on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add a friend on Minecraft: When I try to add a friend in Minecraft it tells me that I can't because of how my Xbox account is set up, I've tried to edit my Xbox account but it just sends me to a website saying I can't...
  9. I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft: My child wants to add a friend to their Minecraft account but we can't figure out how. ba755cef-5c3e-4ea1-829d-b96d37c9b47b
  10. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...