Can't add credit card due to stuck in US region

Discus and support Can't add credit card due to stuck in US region in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I want to change my gamertag but am forced to add a credit card to pay for this (even though I have paypal connected to my Microsoft account), and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Volkplak, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Volkplak
    Volkplak Guest

Hi,

I want to change my gamertag but am forced to add a credit card to pay for this (even though I have paypal connected to my Microsoft account), and as I live in Europe I can't add the credit card as it seems to be locked to US only.

I have tried navigating the site (which is a mess) to find where on my account it says I'm in US, which I don't remeber I ever set up.

Could someone please guide me how to update my location or show me how to add another payment option?

:)

Volkplak, Dec 16, 2017
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Philippines MS Live account unable to Import Dance Central 1 to Dance Central 3, solution requested.

One you don't live in an Xbox live region

Philipines is not a supportred region

2nd you can't add a philipines credit card toan us account prevent fraud that's something built into your card

Your credit card must match the billing address on Xbox live

You can only use us payment methods including currency cards on us accounts

Is dance central digital or disk?

ngocphi, Dec 16, 2017
  3. About to lost my patience with microsoft-please help with adding credit cards

Hi gabboxed!

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your account mate. Actually, the reason why when you change the locale of the console to UK you can't see your credit card attached is because your card was attached to your Spain account. When you add a card, it
    is only attached to the region where you have registered it and not to all the regions for xbox live. That's the reason why when changing the locale of the console, your actually trying to change the region of the marketplace where you're trying to purchase.

So to clear it up. To purchase on specific regions. You need to have a credit card available for that specific region. This is due to licensing of games that are bought inside and outside the user's region and also due to taxes applied. Its against the terms
    of agreement to manipulate and take advantage of other regions prices for there items.

What I could recommend here is to purchase digital gift cards to redeem under your account. Then just set up a UK/US billing address. Once you load up your gift cards. Then your account will have enough credits to buy games.

SingCongButas25, Dec 16, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: