Cant add Credit card as payment method to my MS account.

Discus and support Cant add Credit card as payment method to my MS account. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My credit card stopped working in the Microsoft store so I deleted it as a payment method and then tried to add it again. Now I get the message that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Amac1, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Amac1
    Amac1 Guest

My credit card stopped working in the Microsoft store so I deleted it as a payment method and then tried to add it again. Now I get the message that the details don't match the credit card. However the details I'm entering do match. I've been in contact with my bank and there is no issue. In fact, they said they approved the transaction when I first entered it in the Microsoft store, however the MS store gave me an error. The MS store app was updated on my pc before all these errors started. Could this be related to my issue. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've gone through and checked all the troubleshooting recommendations given by MS.

:)

Amac1, Mar 25, 2022
  2. BriceBlocker Win User

Credit card not showing as option for child's account in Microsoft Family Services.

I'm having the same issue. added card to my sons account as a payment method but cards show up in the credit cards section of his account in my MS family. when i approve a purchase instead of asking me to add money to his account, it appears as if I'm buying it for him using the payment method linked to my MS account, even though on the xbox he selected the credit card linked to his account.

1. why doesn't the credit card linked to his personal MS account show up in the credit section for him in My family

2. Why is it trying to use my payment method to pay for a game i approved, when he selected the payment method linked to his account when requesting permission to buy?

seriously microsoft, how about a legitimate answer here. you're making this so difficult.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Great, hope it gets solved, you can also try as i mentioned, have a nice day
  4. Amac1 Win User

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked that the region on my PC and in the store match. I've also checked that the billing address exactly matches my profile at my bank. I've also tried deleting and re-adding the address. I tired adding my husbands mastercard and we got exactly the same error!

I've now been in touch with MS billing support and after 1hr 15 minutes on the phone trying to fix this issue, the support person was unable to fix it and I've now got a case number and hopefully they will resolve the issue in the next 24 hours.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Amac1! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Try adding the card in here

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments

Be sure that the region at the bottom of the screen matches your card region, as you can't add a card in a region besides the card origin region

[​IMG]
  6. nicsanj Win User

Payment method

is there any way for me to add payment method without credit card? i have PC game pass code, but to activate it, i need to add payment method, for me it such a waste if i cannot add my code to my account.
Thema:

1. Cant add Credit card as payment method to my MS account. - Similar Threads - Cant add Credit

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  4. Cant add a friend on cod warfare 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant add a friend on cod warfare 3: Hello, I’m trying to send an invite on cod warfare 3 but it says invite failed and player dk***** blocked. Any idea how or why I can’t add this person? Thank you f28f4012-c49c-4a4f-8049-82fd588f9317
  5. Why cant i add an account on my xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i add an account on my xbox: Ive had to factory reset my xbox in the attempt to be able to sign into my xbox account but this just made it worse. When i click "Add new" it brings up the gray loading box for about 5 minutes...
  6. Cant add new credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant add new credit card: Hello, i cant add new credit card. It always says i added wrong information, but i gived it right. First i tried to change current card information, but it also says i add it wrong. I tried to...
  7. Cant able to add Credit or Debit card to Microsoft account, dont have xbox gift card if i...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant able to add Credit or Debit card to Microsoft account, dont have xbox gift card if i...: Cant able to add Credit or Debit card to Microsoft account, dont have xbox gift card if i have online xbox series s console how can i buy games? I have just buy gaming console which is xbox...
  8. why cant i add my debit card so i can buy stuff when it say add credit card/Debit i wana add ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i add my debit card so i can buy stuff when it say add credit card/Debit i wana add ...: help me add my debit so i can spend money fa6541c5-c8a6-4372-a17c-56058562c06f
  9. Cant add my credit card info as a payment option. Microsoft has for some reason deleted my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant add my credit card info as a payment option. Microsoft has for some reason deleted my ...: When i try i get this error message. 25055-f+X7CQAAAAAAAAAA-12a16a8b-2213-496b-b0ce-53168be89ca0 51d43945-e40b-4a66-9994-680748f2be3d
  10. Cant add my credit card because of expiry date

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant add my credit card because of expiry date: My credit card's expiry date is 08-24 but when i write the card informations i cant select 2024. The last year is 2023. Can somebody help me? 747d3f34-e602-4012-b463-6e85fb8c018d