Can't Add Child to Xbox Live Gold

Discus and support Can't Add Child to Xbox Live Gold in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've searched forums and spent hours on this issue but still cannot figure it out. I have subscribed to Xbox Live Gold under my Microsoft account and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wsrees_68, Jun 27, 2016.

1. wsrees_68
    wsrees_68 Guest

I've searched forums and spent hours on this issue but still cannot figure it out.

I have subscribed to Xbox Live Gold under my Microsoft account and can see it activated on the Xbox 360. I have also created an account for my daughter as a child account to mine.

First, I cannot sign in to Xbox Live under her profile on the Xbox 360. It brings up the sign in page but simply fails when I select sign in.

Second, there seems to be no way to directly add her online.

There isn't much listed in the privacy and security section under her account. I've logged in with her account but everything redirects me to sign in as the parent. I've looked at the Xbox security and permissions as well and see nothing restricting this.

I'm an IT guy so I am very tech literate and have found this to be extremely intuitive and frustrating. All I want to do is setup Xbox Live Gold for a child on the Xbox 360. Is this not possible?

:)

wsrees_68, Jun 27, 2016
  2. AlienTech4
    AlienTech4 Guest
    cant sign up my kids

got the kids a xbox 360 for christmas. bought xbox live gold for a year. one child can play and one can't. how do i add the other child so they can both play?

AlienTech4, Jun 27, 2016
  3. DaddyJoe49
    DaddyJoe49 Guest
    family gold account

I can't add my child to my family gold account.

DaddyJoe49, Jun 27, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

If you created an offline account for her, you would not be able to join Live with that account. You would have to create an account via xbox.com and download it to your console.

Smwutches, Jun 27, 2016
  5. FreakRoach Win User

How do I stop my emails appearing on my son's Xbox that uses my email address? Thanks

I think you're referring to Xbox Live messages. You can't do that. What you should do instead is create a new child account for your son and add it to family. Set your console as home console of your account, and then your child can play all games purchased
    by your account, and can share Xbox Live Gold, and game pass as well.
  6. El Mago tv Win User

How could I get a free gold trial ?

Hey there

You can't add an Xbox Live Gold trial if you already have an Xbox Live Gold subscription
  7. WholemealMars64 Win User

child can't play game even with parental permissions

I can't seem to let my child play online. I went to settings, but my child account isn't there. My child really wants to play online. Do you need Xbox Live Gold to play online? Can someone please help me?
  8. HassanB Win User

Family Gold pack will not allow me to add another account

Hello,

This error occurs if an incorrect Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID) email address or password is
    entered when you add a secondary or child account to a Gold Family Pack. For instructions about how to add the child account, enter the parent’s Microsoft account, see Add
    or remove Gold Family Pack members
  9. onyxishere Win User

Xbox Live question

Hello, what you can do is set your account as the Home account and add the Live membership to it. Then create an account for your child using yours as the parent and then add the account to your Family.

Once done the Gold membership and any game you download will be accessible by your child.
Thema:

1. Can't Add Child to Xbox Live Gold - Similar Threads - Can't Add Child

2. I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft: My child wants to add a friend to their Minecraft account but we can't figure out how. ba755cef-5c3e-4ea1-829d-b96d37c9b47b
  3. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...
  4. Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add funds to a child account for purchases on Xbox........: Trying to add funds to my child's account and getting this error message for over a day now. Same message if I try on my phone or laptop...... [img] 6388cbe2-9151-4750-acd2-ec8ac22daa71
  5. Can't use "Add a child" or "Manage Family Members" to add my 13 year old to my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use "Add a child" or "Manage Family Members" to add my 13 year old to my Xbox Series X: I just bought my first XBox Series X yesterday and I set up my account (I have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate). Worked fine. Then I added my 9 year old and my 13 year old using the same method - they...
  6. Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?: I've been at this for two hours. One of my children can add friends. One gets a message about needing to make a change to their privacy settings. They're the same age (twins), and as far as I can...
  7. I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I downloaded minecraft on the wrong account and now I can't add restrictions for my child.: I created a microsoft account for myself to monitor my child a while back. I didn't know how microsoft worked at that time so I accidentally made myself child account. I then proceeded to buy and...
  8. My child can't add friends on minecraft pe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can't add friends on minecraft pe: Why can't my son add friends on minecraft pe? 21657e9d-caf5-48f8-a0e3-e9b1c91562e3
  9. Trying to allow my 12 y/o child add friends on minecraft, but can't figure out how.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to allow my 12 y/o child add friends on minecraft, but can't figure out how.: All settings have been changed, but still does not work. Please help. 5b12433a-7b28-4fb3-9892-a5382823039d
  10. Can't add friends from a child account due to server error

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add friends from a child account due to server error: Hello, I have one child account in my Family setup, and that child account is unable to add XBox live friends. Specifically when the child account is signed in and viewing a profile at...