Can't add a phone number on my profile

Discus and support Can't add a phone number on my profile in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jonathan Goulet1, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Can't add a phone number on my profile

I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***

:)

Jonathan Goulet1, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jonathan,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having challenges in adding a phone number to your Microsoft profile. We will help you get this done by providing the necessary steps to resolve your concern.

If we may ask, what is the error message you've got after you entered the password? Did you try clearing cache and cookies of your browser and try adding the phone number again?

To add security information to your Microsoft account, follow these steps:

1. Go to Microsoft account dashboard and sign in to your Microsoft account.
    2. Select Security and then choose Update my info.
    3. Sign in again if prompted, and then select Add security info.
    4. Choose to add a new phone number or email address, provide the necessary details, and select Next

For your reference, see: Microsoft account security info & verification codes - Microsoft Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jonathan,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Can't add phone number

Can you try this..

Sign in to Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

2)Remove phone number in Account aliases.

3)Add phone number to account.
  5. bralmo13 Win User

Can't add phone number

Hello Arminas V, my name is Brett. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Are you suggesting that when you are typing in the 2-Step Verification code that you are texted is not being recognized, or the phone number is not being accepted?
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Can't add phone number

Hello Tyler, my name is Zahir,

Please use this link, it will guide you. If you still have problems, you can contact microsoft and speak on the phone with support to update your details
Thema:

1. Can't add a phone number on my profile - Similar Threads - Can't add phone

2. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  3. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password f0828bc5-228b-40d3-88a6-1dfaed669f9d
  4. Can't add phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add phone number: Hello I'm trying to add my phone number into my Microsoft account, I get the code everything is ok but when I type the code in it says "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a...
  5. Can't add phone number to account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add phone number to account: Been trying to redeem Microsoft Points for a few months but come up against the same issue. It asks me to add a phone number to my account. I follow the steps to do so, the code is sent to my...
  6. Why can't I add phone number on microsoft account in Bangladesh?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add phone number on microsoft account in Bangladesh?: [img] i cant add any number. neither my phone number is working nor my friends. so what to do? any fix? or microsoft blocked Bangladesh 127fa49c-6952-4b4f-b771-3125183e1051
  7. Can't add phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add phone number: My account won't let me add my phone number as a secondary alias. I get sent a verification code so my number does register with my account, but it simply won't let me add it to my account....
  8. I can't get the sms when i add it on my phone number

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get the sms when i add it on my phone number: Hello, my name is Thomas and im fron Vietnam, i can't get the sms to my phone so i can verlfty my account please help, i add it say this phone not support country why?...
  9. Friend list is empty - can't add new friends from my phone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend list is empty - can't add new friends from my phone...: I am trying to add friends from my smartphone and nothing happens.When I do it from my pc I can add them but my mobile still shows 0 friends.... What should I do? f35f7d5e-6576-4ab0-8910-87f5ef364edf
  10. Can't add payment method or change/add adress, get stuck on "phone number".

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add payment method or change/add adress, get stuck on "phone number".: Hi everyone, I dont know how long I have this issue, I just noticed it like one week ago when I got my XBox One. Whenever I try to add a new payment method like paypal or creditcard to buy...