Cant add a certain friend

Discus and support Cant add a certain friend in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday i was in a chat party with one of my friends(billy). Suddenly he could not hear me (i could not hear him bc he does not have a mic) i asked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dragonite314, Jul 14, 2017.

1. dragonite314
    dragonite314 Guest

Yesterday i was in a chat party with one of my friends(billy). Suddenly he could not hear me (i could not hear him bc he does not have a mic) i asked one of my other friends (bob) in the chat party to say something and billy stated he could not hear me at
    all. I restarted the xbox at this point and then he got defriended and i could not add him back or message him. Plz help. I also restarted the router and did the 10 second hold on the xbox but nothing seems to work. Bob still can message billy and they are
    still listed as friends. (All names here are not real but to make it simpler to understand). Plz and thank you

:)

dragonite314, Jul 14, 2017
  2. Ozycraft
    Ozycraft Guest
    cant add certain people

A while ago i started having the problem adding certain friends who had been automatically unfriended from my friends list and now when I try to re-add them i get this message. "Sorry, we are unable to save your changes at the moment. Try again in a while."

I am using a child account but is completely unrestricted and has no age restrictions.

Also when these people are in a party with other friends i cant here them at all.

Ozycraft, Jul 14, 2017
  3. NSEW Maze
    NSEW Maze Guest
    cant play with a certain friend

i am having the same problem i can connect to people around but i cant with my 2 friends it says no connection or somthing else depending on whever game

NSEW Maze, Jul 14, 2017
  4. Cant add a certain friend

Hey there, dragonite314!

I'm sorry to see any issues adding a friend! It sounds like he's accidentally blocked you on Xbox Live if you are unable to message him, and muted you in chat. While this might not be the case, the symptoms say that.

What error are you getting when you attempt to add him as a friend again? Are you getting this error on the website, console, and mobile app? If so, can you provide me a screenshot of it, please? I'd also look at asking your mutual friend to have them add
    you instead of you adding them. Let me know if they get an error, too.

Hopefully we can nail this one down together! I look forward to working with you. Cant add a certain friend :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Jul 17, 2017
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, dragonite314!

I'm sorry to see any issues adding a friend! It sounds like he's accidentally blocked you on Xbox Live if you are unable to message him, and muted you in chat. While this might not be the case, the symptoms say that.

What error are you getting when you attempt to add him as a friend again? Are you getting this error on the website, console, and mobile app? If so, can you provide me a screenshot of it, please? I'd also look at asking your mutual friend to have them add
    you instead of you adding them. Let me know if they get an error, too.

Hopefully we can nail this one down together! I look forward to working with you. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. Edgarour Win User

Unable To Add A Certain Friend.

have you tried adding them from the xbox app?
  7. HKS Centurion Win User

Unable To Add A Certain Friend.

Hi,

I would See if your friend has the ability to add you instead or have them check to see if they have settings preventing your friend requests from going through. I have never seen this issue either but that is where i would start.

Centurion
  8. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Greetings, iKo Exclusive. For assistance with this issue, I would encourage you to create a new thread. This will enable us to provide you with the very best support possible. Thanks in advance! I'm standing by for your thread. :)
  9. Eaglefoot311 Win User

I have the same problem when i try to play with a friend. I can connect with all my other friends. And he can join a party if someone else invites him. I have one router and have tried everything. Its annoying.
Thema:

1. Cant add a certain friend - Similar Threads - Cant add certain

2. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  3. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  4. Cant add a friend on cod warfare 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant add a friend on cod warfare 3: Hello, I’m trying to send an invite on cod warfare 3 but it says invite failed and player dk***** blocked. Any idea how or why I can’t add this person? Thank you f28f4012-c49c-4a4f-8049-82fd588f9317
  5. Why cant i add an account on my xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i add an account on my xbox: Ive had to factory reset my xbox in the attempt to be able to sign into my xbox account but this just made it worse. When i click "Add new" it brings up the gray loading box for about 5 minutes...
  6. Cant add phone number to my Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant add phone number to my Microsoft Account: The title says it all. I cant add my phone number to redeem any reward from the Bing rewards. When adding says I need to get text or call on my phone number. Try to add phone number and says its...
  7. Xbox one cant sign in or add profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one cant sign in or add profile: On my Xbox one I am unable to add account or sign in on my Xbox. [img] 96cb3d65-b961-4f41-bcdb-c6a4df2c65c5
  8. Xbox one cant sign in or add a new account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one cant sign in or add a new account: Hello, yesterday day I tried to sign in but I was unable to sign and I was then told to remove the account, and when I tried to sign in I was unable Pls help. 588b50fa-4974-45c7-b8ac-165f023ce575
  9. Xbox one cant sign in or add profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one cant sign in or add profile: On my Xbox one I am unable to add account or sign in on my Xbox. aaca355a-9702-4f2b-8312-2ee36f5c6018
  10. cant add certain people

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant add certain people: A while ago i started having the problem adding certain friends who had been automatically unfriended from my friends list and now when I try to re-add them i get this message. "Sorry, we are...